Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

McTavish. Your country was founded through brutal force and the near annihilation of the Native Americans who welcomed the first wave of immigrants, befriended them and taught them how to survive ia a hostile environment. The importation of slaves followed and for over two centuries of slavery (free labour)you built an econimic base. Do not be fooled, be careful; racism has grudingly changed but only to the extent that those who have power will not divest themselves of that power. So while I acknowlege the economic and academic successes of some African Americans under the most difficult of circumstances, beware, today's friends can be tomorrow,s foes. Isn't that the way the US operates. And please, do not think that you are an exception. From what I have read every ethnic group in the US wants to exert it's identity. Some do it more successfully than others simply because of colour and herein lies the problem for blacks. There is only one Michael Jackson. And my point continues to be, in spite of the promises of nationalism you better think of embracing your own before reaching out to the descendents of former slave masters. In spite of your protestations it cannot be done alone. Take a page out of the book of the descendents of Indians in T&T. Generations made sacrifices, that is why things are the way they are today. If you want to play Jesus Christ that is ok, just avoid the proximity to crosses and trees. I believe that as a result of my experiences the group effort must be made to prevail for there to be any chances for reconciliation since your masters are in continued denial.

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com