Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

McTavish,
If kween is a true Trini she has been reading but not commenting on our ongoing dialogue. Our stamina
just might exceed her's but that is understandable. So much for that observation. We have all acquired defence mechanisms as a result of our experiences or lack thereof and must admit that communication is an invaluable tool. Having blown off a bit of steam, it is safe to say that we are mutually comfortable with this continuing dialogue to date. I am not about to say that your opinions can be accurately validated by the larger societal discomfort, because I am a skeptic. Of utmost importance to me is my belief that Instutionalised racism is woven into the fabric of your National character and because it drives so many facets of your everyday existence it will continue to be the trump car in race relations. It will be fine tuned and retuned because the US would not be the US without it. It is your National DNA. And it is in that light that I view with some urgency the compelling need for black unity. The adversary of ethnicity based primarily on skin color is a formidable foe and as they peddle their mantra with reckless abandon, there is a new emerging generation of blacks whose attention span renders them tragically detached from relevant history. They have been led to believe that their bounty is as a result of the generosity of Massa, perhaps it is.
In spite the concerns concerns that you expressed relative to what you have deemed as an impossible task, I think that it is doable. Blacks can be come united to the extent that the negative stereotypical perceptions would not negatively impact their union. Now that you have had some time to re-read and re-evaluate some of your earlier presumptions, what do you think?

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com