Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

Truthfully, I do not know exactly what to think. You happen to be playing your cards well this time around. I think the reason why unity won't come in my lifetime in the United States for people of African decent is because of that "National DNA" that you speak of. It is every evolving as this young nation (as a modern day empire) struggles to find it's role and defines it's identity. There were so many policies and government actions put in place to prevent that very thing.

When you break them down and begin to identify and interpret their effect on people of African decent in this nation, you can begin to understand the uphill battle that they face in unification. Muhammed Ali, whom I don't have to define what he sybolized glaobally in his prime, once said after defeating Forman in Ziare that Colored people in the U.S. have lost the pureness and dignity of Africans in their quest to become Americanized. I didn't put it in quotes, but that was the general gist of what he said. That means alot to what I've been trying to say. The goal of African Americans originally after the emancipation proclamation was not that of total assimilation. They accepted the seperate but equal policy because many didn't want to be American under the white standard. During that time however most didn't have access to equal opportunity thus that philosophy was abandoned. I would like to point out that for s breif period of time, many African Americans were exceeding the economical power of white America. Back to Ali's statement. If you examine today's society, you will see what Ali was talking about. Many people of African decent desire to be more like their former masters than their African brothers and sisters because of this new way of life that is not only destructive to the society of it's creators, but to the world. It's an addictive lifestyle that is hard to fight. Money is power and in mans quest to gain as much power as he can possibly have, unification in such a habitat becomes virtually unatainable after the institution of division by competition has been put into place. Our human instincts tell us to be comfortable. The risk we take in this search for that can further damage unification if we are not aware much like we haven't been. I told you in a earlier post that it would be easier to unify with Africans outside of the U.S than it would be to within the U.S.. That doesn't include Canada. I'm speaking of Africa and the Carribean.The reason being is that the peoples there have not yet entirely been infected by this need to become Americanized or White. It is happening, but it hasn't gone beyond the point where reform can't stop it. The dignity and humbleness is till embedded into the culture of Blacks in these regions. Therefore you have a canvas in which you could help people help themselves without battleing all of the ills that have deteriorated Black American society. As long as they don't subscribe to the nonsense that is reporte in popular media they will be allright.

In order for unification to happen in the United States among people of African decent, the nation would have to revert back to a policy or system of that of the "jim Crow" era. Only if Blacks were forced to seperate from society inorder to discover their own self worth and potential. The U.S. governmnt knows this and that is why they allow these minimal gains. During the early sevevnties durring the Black Power Movement, the FBI under J Edgar Hoover administration believed that such a movement by Blacks in the United states had to come from some foreign interest to overthrow the government. They could not swallow the idea that these people of whom theyreffered to as porch monkeys could learn and interpret the law in such a manner to become a threat to the stability of a nation. They soon found out how wrong they were and put into place certain measures to prevent this instabilty from weakening the nation. Drugs, alcohol, guns, and no means of academic or economic stability caused a repeating cycle of perceived self imposed deteriation and destruction that has many including you to veiw a entire group of people as expendable entities on this ever shrinking over populated planet. The worse thing about it is that people who can identify this problem cannot come together on a viable solution because there are so many fronts to fight. It's like having a world in which the U.S. military is forced to take on civil unrest and the unrest in the Middle East, China, and North Korea all at once. Where do you begin? That is not the same as not having a solution, but it is an admittance of the lack of action and perhaps a glimpse of why?.

I will not play the Harp for you tonight. I have already realized how you perceived that as a sign of weakness and miss direction. I just wanted to point out a few things that in my opinion strengthen my argument.

I am not sure if I spoke about the advantage that cultures that have maily a one race population have over multicultural nations. I will do so now. In this day of the globel market economy and in the global race of third world countries to become industrialised, I think that they as not only a people, but as a nation of people can sit down and realize that they have to get along and unify for their survival. Once that is accomplished, the sky is the limit for social gains in medicine, society, and it's overall stability. For example, look at China after the Mao dynasty. They have increased their GDP 8% a year for the last twenty years. Why? They don't have to worry about race and the waste of time and resources it cost a nation when it tries to classify it's population based on what they look like. For developing countries like T-N-T, and the rest of the Carribean, I recommend this one people approach because they are very young nations.

We will have to pick this up another time. I appologize that I didn't finish, but I have thekween on my mind. I have to go count sheep and think happy thoughts. I just wanted to tell you thatnot everything that you said was wrong, but your approach was unacceptable in my opinion and definately offensive. You never once said what ethnicity you were, but it was eaasy to gather you were not black or hate yourself if you are. One reason is that you said in reference to one of my recent post that had you posted what I posetd, that everyone would attack you. That may be true, but it is becaus you show no or little compassion or understanding for all of the good that people of African decent have presented to the world. Also, you sound as if you are being victemised by the failures of another people as if it were their fault with out a grey area. Well friend, there is a huge Grey area in the politics of African American politics.

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com