Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

You are correct to in your statement that under the banner of Christianity, many Africans were killed. As amatter of fact, I would like to add that during the Crusades, if a person didn't believe in Christ and wasn't Jewish, he would have to fight the British, Spanish, and Portugese if he wanted to maintain his lifestyle. In that tug of war over the future of mankind many people died at the hand of those who claimed to be Christians.

Here is where your problem lies. You Identify Christians in the western world by where they came from and how they got there. If you look further back into history, you would know that the Jews and early Christians at the time that Christ lived were Moorish.

Your theory of Race and Christianity has many holes in it. There is evidence to suggest that it was after the Moors had conqured southern and western Europe around the medittereanian sea that racism became the tool to try to make the people serve not only their governors and kings better, but also their upper classman. If we examine the languages of the top three crussading empires, you will notice that a word appears to have a different meaning and you will notice that it begins to have many connotations associated with Evil. Keep in mind that we are dealing with the minds of peaople who probably weren'tmore than six or seven generations removed from cromags. Black (blaek is how I think it was spelled) under the English definition stemming form Greek or ancient Germanic when used to describe people originally meant land of shining faces. After the crusades, the word black was simplified to mean every thin negative and bad.

Now, with that being said, and noting that were not talking about the greatest of thinkers, in my opinion it is easy to understand how they then began to veiw themselves as white and holy, good, pure, God like, etc... As for the word Black and darker skinned people, the word from the European standard along with it's definitions became description words out of prejudgement synonymous with evil, devilish, soiled, and a whole host of negative connotations. They believed themselves to be God Like and have domain over the people of the world who were not like themselves.

Then, Europe became over populated and Nobility was having problems satisfying the needs of the population in the four top countries of the crusades. Thus, you had these great sea voyages and trips to find resources. Spain and France were orriginally looking for Gold. Britain needed land. I'm not quite sure what France was looking for, perhaps a little bit of both. Then the Great Christopher Columbus Discovered the Carribean and and named it America after his hero Amerigo Vespucci. When I say discovered, I mean for Europe. Everyone knows there were already people here.

Now, we all know that the British Setteled what became the United States, and much of the Carribean. They needed Manpower to develop and maintain the settlements. France settled a part of Canada, Haiti, parts of Africa, and a large chunk of land that was bought back from the United States which was named Louisiana and the deal became known as the Louisiana Purchase. The Spanish claimed territoy that is now known as Texas, Mexico, all of central America, Puerto Rico, Dominica Republic, Cuba, part of south America, Trinidad, etc....The Portugese of coarse settled what is know known as Brasil.

When we examine religion, race, and culture in the "new world", you can see what was most important in all three subjects. The Spanish Roman Catholic did not play when it came to adopting their ways and beliefs. However, it would appear that as long as indigenous peoples adopted the same belief system, they could have free lives exempt from race based restrictions. The French seemed like they prefered indigenous peoples to be culturally aware. I'm not saying that they weren't racist, but they didn't exert control overe every aspect of the Human existance of the British. The British saw indigenous peoples as less than human and subject for disposal at anytime. Yes they claimed to be Christian, but the protestants were different. The protestants remembered what could happen if they lost control. The protestants under King James whose version of the Bible that was written by Sir William Shakespeare was interpreted by the masses to mean in general that there is a heaven and there is a hell and if they (the belivers in the lord savior Jesus Christ) stayed Holy, then they would go to heaven where they wouldn't have to worry about pain, working hard, Taxation, sickness, hunger, and all of the other things that man desires that are not destructive.

The twist is that how do you call ourself a Christian when you take away civil liberties of some of Gods children? By the time of the U.S. Settlement came along, the settlers didn't examine the history of their languge and know exactly why chairs were called chairs and why tree's were called tree's. Furthermore, they didn't examine why they referred to negroes as negroes. All they knew was that they were white like the light and they felt that that gave them entitlement. The British as a people were the whitest of the top four Colonialist. At any rate, only the people who could read that didn't aggree with society could deciphere good from bad and begin to fight against it.

The Abolishionist used religion as the key tool to help emancipate a group of people. The at least built a formidable base with the knowledge of Christianity and it's real message. Christianity is about the Life of Christ, not the life Of the Crusader.

It is easy to see that by following the religion of Christianity under the King James version, that People of African Ancestry in the United States share a similar lifestyle and beleif system as their European counterparts. You say that in the U.S. that Blacks are subserviant to the the whites, but it's not as simple as that.

As far as the President is concearned and and his statement, there is and can only be one GOD no matter what religion. unless it is a some sort of bagan religion. As for Islam, Christianity, nad Judism, God is the Alpha and Omega, the King of Kings, the Supreme being, the Creatoor, etc. Thats who George Bush was talking about. I don't think that we should be in Iraq, so there is a seperation from George Bush and I.

You say that most of our population or our general population has embraced this conflict, but I can tell you now that I don't want to go over there and there are many others owho don't want to go. As a matter of fact, the government is thinking about instituting the draft because nobody is volunteering for service in the military. I don't know how you can say most Americans support the war when noone is enlisting. The media is reporting that most Americans support this war. Another thing, I might end up in T-N-T if my number is called. It will be good if the Draft comes back only for one reason and what it will mean for the policy makers of this country. The draft means that the sons of congressmen and the sons of these fortune five hundred Companies will have to go and risk their lives over people who don't want a better place to live.

I say let them all rot in that desert. I wouldn't want to live there smelling like a camel. There's hardly any water, it's hot, you probably can't find deoderant or toothpaste. You say that Blacks are like Whites. I would rather be in a place were there is fresh drinking water. I personnally like the idea that somebodies camel wasn't just urinating in my bathtub or kitchen sink. I like the idea that my mother can do whatever she wants for a living to please herself. I like knowing that people don't think about killing everybody around them when they kill themselves.

I say that if the people of Iraq doesn't want the help of the U.S., that we just send Saddam back and move on. I say hat if we think that they are developing nuclear weapons weapons of Mass destruction, we kill them all. Really, I don't understand whats happening there or why it's happening. I just know that I'm not going over there. I also know that if I had to choose between Iraq and the U.S., I would prefer the comfort and lavishness of the U.S. over Iraq and it's stinky dry desert anyday.

Last, I must ask, what attitudes are you speaking of that are embraced by African Americans? Which ones? How did you come to this conclusion? What are your Sources?

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com