Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

I can now understand how and why you have such a twisted view. I thought that we have come to the conclusion that the media doesn't always display an acurate portrayal of events and pop culture. It would be silly to assume that after watching Beverley Hills 90210 that the kids in Beverly hills are relly concearned with the issues of the common person in the U.S..

The slave Mentality as we have discussed haunts all of the United States on different levels.

It shows that you have never been here or haven't been here for a long time. The fashion industry is currently mimicing the styles of hip- hop which is now pop culture. Hip- hop aka rap style is a billion dollar industry. These rappers are making most of their fortune off of clothing not music. Rocawear Jay-Z, Phat Pharm Russel Simmons and Wife, and companies like Mecca, and Pelle Pelle acheived reatil sales grossed more than Tommy Hilfiger last year. Heck, while we are at it, if it weren't for rap artist such as Jay-Z, Ludacris, Missy Elliot, and others, Burberry wouldn't have had it's best sales year in the history of the company last year. Your thought about Black women wearing skimpy clothing like many of their ancestors is duley noted for that alone. At the same time Africn Americans in the United States have been the popular trendsetters for Years. All of the Music in the Nation that is currently listened to outside of country, bluegrass and anything that requires you to square dance to originated from music that was introduced by people of African Decent. Rock and Roll, came from the Blues which shared it's style with that of the "black" church of old. I'm not even going to get into all of that.

I find this hard to believe with all of the good arguments that you have made that you would give such an unimformed view. You spoke about Black women and their fashion. You also said that the media is wwhere you got this information on how they dress. Granted, you will see some women showing alot of skin, but most of that is reserved for entertainment purposes only. I would like to also add that it doesn't seem to be an enslaved mind that allows an individual the freedom to wear what they choose. Who am I to tell a women what she can or can't wear? Maybe thats one of the things people hate about this country, is the fact that women as our sisters, mothers, and daughters have an almost equal opportunity to make it here. It makes a nation stronger. It makes a people stronger. So if a woman wants to walk down the street exposoing all of those things you don't like, so be it. I don't know, I prefer trimmed or bald instead of a cocoa puff myself.

We have heard it before, the American Dream would be that of owning a home with a white pcket fence. That was up until about the 50's. Now the Dream would be more like owning a mansion with expensive cars a pool, nice clohing, and most important, revenue comming in without exerting alot of effort or time. Anybody can have it if they gather they're resources and work hard torward it. For some it will be harder and take longer than others, but it will happen.

Finally, Hate is a human nature that everyone has. I don't have to hate somone because I'm hated by another. I could hate somone for any reason. I have the right to hate as I do to love. I'm not perfect nor am I admitting that I hate anyone that we have talked about. I cannot say that I hate any naturally created group of people. So you assumed too much this time and perhaps misunderstood the context of my last post perhaps because of something I did or didn't do. Anyway, I am happy to see that your inquiring on real and specific issues. In order for you really to understand, you may have to live here with an open mind. I'm not saying that the experience will completely change your beliefs, but I'm sure if you were in my community you would change. You have this anti- American stench flowing around you. If you do not like People from the U.S., and you never have been here, why? Furthermore, I'm inclined to ask if you can see the difference between the people and the Government?

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com