Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2
In Response To: The games people play part 2 ()

My response or better yet statements about Danny were not because I think less of him. They weren't because I think that he is not trying to do anything to change the outlook of his perceived community or the stigma and stereotypes that plague the "outside" perceptions of the"black community". I just couldn't understand why a person would feel so driven to try to change opinion that isn't all of that relevent to the existance of Danny.

I could care less what someone thinks of me as long as they don't try to stop me from living my life the way in which I want to live it. Mr Glover must feel trapped. I don't think unity among race is in this country is more important than unity among culture. The culture I was raised in is not of any other found in the world, and yet people are still trying to make it something other than "American" because it's of minority status. It's stupid. I believe in the promotion of ones nation. I don't believe that the promotion of someones race in a multicultural society is conducive with the goals and objectives of that society or nation. If I lived in a mono-racial society, then I would have the luxury of trying to promote both, raceial unity and culture.

This world is getting smaller by the minute and the race card issue is shrinking with the benifits of globalization. People who keep crying about they can't and let what they look like stop them from finding a way to reach their personal goals deserve to fall because only the strongest survive. There needs to be tough love. If Glover would like to help, then he should get into some of these communities where nobody wants to work, but everybody wants to be rich. I understand that we as people of African decent in the U.S. aren't responsible for falling down, but now we have the chance and the self responsibility to rise with the greatness that we have long spoken to one another about. This mess about I see myself a certain way and how bad it is to be that way is a bunch of feces. Thats how I came to the conclusion that Glover is weak even though he is caring. Glover in my opinion is a classic example of what your saying about pleasing massa. If I can't do business in my country, then I would try to find another to do business in.

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com