Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

Kunta Kintay? I can understand why you would think that my name should really be something that describes my skin tone. At the same time, you don't know what my skin tone is. I am not genetically 100% African when examining my history. to try to attach a cultural name based on any specific indegenous group without acknowledging my entire genetic history would be ignorant. Don't you think if you do think? My last name is that of a distant past relativewho had offspring with a woman of African decent in Trinidad. I can trace my family name to Scottland and beyond. I speak English as did at least two ancestors from both sides of my family. If you really want to know, my great Grandmother on my mothers side of the family is of Irish, Algonquin (Native American), and African. Her father was a freed slave and she as he was the youngest of the siblings. We (my family)have copies of old photos dating back to the mid 1800's to match names with faces. You really are ignorant to assume that everyperson of predominant African ancestry cannot trace his/hers ancestory. Furthermore, I would like to add that for all you know, you may be related to me if your actually from Trinidad. The Trini Crew you speak of may be related to me especially if what you say about Africans not raising their children. Is that why your hostile against people primarily of African decent? Your father never rasied you? You found your fathers in the Journalist of the Alliance. It is clear that your bachelors in science had nothing to do with the social sciences or humanities. Yes I may be paranoid about the U.S. influence in Trinidad. The U.S. has many great things to offer Trinidad, but it's outlook on social interaction should be the last thing that any nation should want. Do you know that this is the most dangerous of all industrialized nations to live. I geuss you do if you went to school here. I have news for you. Maybe you don't know, but what is considered white in Trinidad is not always considered white here. When I called you a p.c. racist, I should have just said personal computer. That was not p.c. for politically correct. I see where the breakdown in terminology could lead you to make another racist statement.

Sure I realised that there were white Trinidadians there. I realise that yes they may be proud to be white. There is nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, every person should be proud to be what they are. That has nothing to do with being a racist. Do you understand why negative labels are placed on many people who claim to be proud to be white? The reason is because usually and historically being proud to be white ment that the individual or group that was staking that claim self- justified through bigotry the otrocities commited by white people. Yous hould not be proud of slavery, segregation, and apartied anymore than the mores and their trouncing of Spain, or the Kenyans and how they are treating the white farmers.

O.J. wasn't found not guilty because it was politically correct. He was not guilty because the prosecution couldn't establish the burdon of proof. The jury didn't buy into the construct of reality that basically claims that Black men are savages that can't control themselves when a white woman is around. It is racist to assume that because a Black man dates or is married to a white woman that his love is only skin deep. I cannot think for individuals, and wouldn't dare to say why a person of one race marries another from a different race. They must have loved one another at one particular time or another. I wouldn't sen my children (if I had any) to a preist or Micheal Jackson regardless of the quality of their performance. I also couldn't erase any of the accomplishments either. Speaking of Jackson, even if he is found guilty, people will still listen to Thriller.

I can only agree with you on regards to Cricket and the Beauty pagent, but at the same time what else is there to be proud of? It seems like there is something always to be proud of if it is global and positive stemming from Trinidad. Thats pride. They should also be proud of scholars, teachers, businessmen, and everything else that keeps a society together. The United States does the same thing. Our Athletes and Entertainers are treated like royalty while our school teacher struggle to meet their mortgages. You don't have to live with anything you don't see fit to, and the same for me. You may be a racist, but I am not. I don't hate you because you are proud of yourself, I hate you because of your ethnocentric attitude in relation to minorities especially Blacks. I wouldn't battle you on your turf and it would be best if you didn't try me on mine. So you and your Trini crew are out of luck. It's not because I fear you, but rather I am not any good to anyone if I'm dead or in jail. You really have no idea of how far my arm stretches. You say that Trinidad is turning into little Africa and reference the crime, but many of the people you scorn and fear may be related to me. It would probably be best that you don not challenge me physically. It's a no win situatuion for either of us. Of course your French friend wouldn't know about that story. That may have been an isolated occassion, but it was symbolic of the juvenile antics of the white racist service personnel at that time.

Winnie may have had a point. After all, it seems a little odd that all of the sudden some incurable disease springs up out of nowhere. Not to mention, that the U.S. and the Soviet Union were bothe heavily engaged in the creation of biological warfare. I'm sure that the U.S. understands the importance of population control globally. People have lived on that continent long before anywhere else. Countries on that continent cannot afford proper medication to treat the disease, and or afford to feed the masses. It would only seem logical for them to where condems and not procreate until they could afford to do so. Thats all I have to say to you. No I don't know what you mean by, " Yankee come and take de sparrow away".

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com