Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The games people play part 2

McTavish, You provided me with many angles to your political, social and racial theories that it is challenging to determine exactly where to begin. So I will keep it short and somewhat direct. In making your comparative analysis about China and the US, you claimed that China's growth was not impeded because the Chineese did not have to worry about race. Well. the preoccupation with race in the US did not impede economic growth because African Americans are viewed as the consumate consumers. And I would think that the spend it before you get it attitude of African Americans would be a boost for your economy. The downside is the social costs associated with it. African Americans do not have to become Separatists to win respect as a people. I have read where the Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other ethnic groups have been successful doing exacty what I have been advocating for your people and that is, that you do not have to swallow the entire lie. They interact to the extent that is economically necessary and then they withdraw to the confines of their cultural identities. In this regard blacks will never be white and someone ought to tell them so. I am at a loss to determine exactly what is the actual culture of African Americans and please do not refer to fried chicken and pork chops. While we may generalize about the historical content of the black African and specifically those who are the descendents of former slaves we have not fully addressed the Paternal side of this issue. Do you believe that this mix under the circumstances in which it occured had a negative effect on blacks in general? You may choose to reflect on the few instances in which some of your white contemporaries had fathered black children but that is not exactly what I am referring to. I am all encompassing on this matter. I realize that you have defended Christianity in the past and I believe that (Christianity) to be one of the nails in the black Coffin. The ills of the black man in the US are many and nobody is inclined to fully recognize and prioritize their state of flux. They all want to be
white with the same values and commercialized dreams. Were it not for the colour of your skin you would in all probability be praising slavery.

Messages In This Thread

The games people play part 2
Re: The games people play part 2 *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com