Machel and his mother Elizabeth Montano at Club Zen in 2007
at Machel Montano’s Appreciation Ceremony
SLAP ON WRIST
By Laurel V Williams
February 26 2013 – newsday.co.tt
HAVING been convicted last year of assaulting four persons outside a Port-of-Spain nightclub in 2007 and for using obscene language, soca superstar Machel Montano got a virtual “slap on the wrist” when he was fined $13,700.
The punishment was handed down by Port-of-Spain Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor yesterday after sentencing was on Thursday January 17, postponed to yesterday, which allowed Montano freedom to compete and win millions of dollars in several competitions during the Carnival season.
As he emerged from the courthouse yesterday, a smiling Montano gave the thumbs up and said he was moving forward as he has a legacy to carry on.
Full Article : newsday.co.tt
- Machel still appears on bmobile ads
- Machel Guilty
- Machel Montano guilty on five criminal charges
- Warrants out for Machel and Mr. Slaughter over stabbing
- Machel Montano Slapped with Five Charges
- Artistes face assault charges
- Machel Montano in Brawl at Zen Over Spilled Drink
- Machel Montano in Brawl at Zen