Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The problem with Cosby
In Response To: Re: The problem with Cosby ()

Do you suppose that a non-white American could achieve the status of Commander-in Chief after a DUI arrest or an admission of alcohol abuse? Have you any idea of the terrible economic crisis facing this nation?
In Southern California where I live the State has closed practically all municipal healthcare facilities.
A fellow parishioner was relating how she was forced to hold classes in a non-air conditioned bungalow where her kids sweat like horses in order to get an education. Moyers makes the case that personal wealth should not be allowed to endanger the commonwealth.

You ask for a plan. All around me I see other ethnic groups making better choices. I focused on Professor Yunus, but he is just one.
I needed to have a surgical procedure done, and since I am among the fortunate and maintain proper health insurance for me and mine, I was granted an appointment at an exclusive Jewish outpatient facility. Unable to sit idly I used the opportunity to peruse some of the available literature, which featured a list of some of the facility’s benefactors. Noticeably featured was the name of a famous Black female singer/actress with a rich and famous heritage.

While reading I had one burning question; what prevents African-Americans with exceptional resources from pooling those resources for the enrichment and betterment of all African-Americans? There are a few, I mentioned David Robinson in one of my previous posts, he had a vision and a will, and with that he was able to convince other players and teammates.
There are enough African-American millionaires in this country to fund primary education facilities in every inner city where public education is failing African-American kids. There is profit in this enterprise, ask the Catholic Church. We all know there is profit in healthcare. Why is it that the BE100 has not seen fit to make an investment.

I'm hoping that Magic Johnson has a greater vision. He now has ownership in the largest Black owned bank in the US, One United. However, I would bet that except for Magic and a couple of luminaries at the top, the majority of deposits of rich African-Americans will remain with White owned banking institutions. Despite the opportunity to pool their resources and acquire much more wealth in an institution where they could have some control over investments.

I disagree with your education plan for T&T. What T&T needs is more vocational schools.
Not all children are academically inclined, those who are not need more choices.
For those a primary school leaving certificate is enough.

If you are interested in Bill Moyers address visit http://www.linktv.org and click on the link at the bottom of the page.

You are quite correct in your assertion that the same thing happens all around the world. That was my initial point. Why does Cosby single out his own people? Also your statistics on the Jews is not extraordinary, it just says that while the rest of the nation has been asleep they have not. They fell asleep once and woke up to Hitler at the wheel. I close with Spike Lee's message to the black bourgoeis class. Wake Up!

Messages In This Thread

The problem with Cosby *LINK*
Re: The problem with Cosby *LINK*
What is the difference between Cosby and Yunus?
it takes a nation of millions to hold us back
Re: The problem with my figures.
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CO
in amorica we have the right to speak
Re: in amorica we have the right to speak
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com