Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The problem with Cosby
In Response To: Re: The problem with Cosby ()

Based on your status of "Johnny come lately" to the discussion I will grant you a little latitude.
However, if you think that financial institutions grant credit solely based on credit worthiness you are in deeper denial than Curtis, and pre-approved unsecured credit cards do not count. That only promotes irresponsibility.
Regarding your pipe dream of standardized education in the US, you would probably want to consult Michael Moore of Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 fame. He claims to have been denied entrance into Yale in spite of having better GPA than George "Dubya". White affirmative action in effect, Y'all!

You have not addressed my post about Professor Yunus vs. Dr. Cosby and I am sure you have not read Bill Moyers keynote address at NYU on "Inequality Matters." If you did you would recognize that your head is buried in the sand. Here is a quote from his address: "They are the kind of Americans, my mother would have called "the salt of the earth". They love their kids, care about their communities, and go to church every Sunday and they work hard all week-both mothers have had to take full-time jobs…. By the end of the decade they were running harder but slipping behind, and the gap between them and prosperous America was widening." These were Moyers' conclusions after a decade long observation of two American families one Black one White.

This is what he sees as the reason why: "When powerful interest shower Washington with millions in campaign contributions, they often get what they want. But it is ordinary citizens and firms that pay the price and most of them never see it coming." His address includes quotes from many qualified and notable politicians, economist, authors and fellow like minded media associates. Moyers agrees that we should be angry, but unlike Dr. Cosby he knows where his anger should be directed.

Messages In This Thread

The problem with Cosby *LINK*
Re: The problem with Cosby *LINK*
What is the difference between Cosby and Yunus?
it takes a nation of millions to hold us back
Re: The problem with my figures.
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CO
in amorica we have the right to speak
Re: in amorica we have the right to speak
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com