Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The problem with Cosby
In Response To: Re: The problem with Cosby ()

Thanks for the latitude Kween. I have read ALL he posts for this topic though, but I can't find that one where you put the Bill Moyers link. I know I did see it, but if you post it again, I'll read it for sure. My head's in the sand? How you mean?

As for your observations on financial institutions however, you obviously haven't worked in any of the major banks. Considering that I have, and although I did not work in the personal loan department- this I know (from talking to loan officers): The bank has already decided whether you are going to get the loan well before you walk into the office for them to get a look at you. The face-to-face is just a way of them appearing neighbourly, or 'personal'. You and I would call it marketing. It is nothing but an ex post facto meeting.

The fact that you think standardized education is a 'pipe dream' is depressing at best. What is wrong with my proposal? What are the alternatives that you support? Do you have something better in mind to get us out of the quagmire?

In response to your final point, supported by this quote: "When powerful interest shower Washington with millions in campaign contributions, they often get what they want. But it is ordinary citizens and firms that pay the price and most of them never see it coming."

I completely agree- because big business is the true engine behind govt policy, the Halliburton to GWB, (and I doubt you would deny the veracity of this- the global economic grid that runs under the headlines is the only reason for any of the major conflicts in the world today) so of course the state will going to pander to the whims and wishes of business as much as it can get away with.

However, this is classism, not racism. You can find evidence of this type of behaviour on every continent. It is alive and well- come to T&T and check it out. But whether is the Catholic/ Protestant dissent in lily white Northern Ireland, the archaic (and crumbling) caste system in India, or the Shia/Sunni division in Iraq, it's not just an North American problem. You may be blinded by the bright colours. Racism is just classism for those too stubborn to overstand it.

So be angry. But instead of complaining (you still didn't tell me what you want, Kween)- do something, for ourselves, and for others. I am of the opinion that we should BUILD big businesses, and small ones, instead of spending our days arguing over the reasons for our inaction. If you truly think that Bill Cosby is not on your side, then the Roman tacticians are smiling in their tombs.

Look Kween- I have one philosophy on this, and it's that ALL peoples everywhere should have the opportunity to strive for their dreams. Then, if you choose to follow them, cool. No one is going to give you anything. If you want to get your children (their GPAs notwithstanding) free education at Harvard like Bush Sr did, (regardless of his son's apparently limited academic ability) then build a business that donates millions to the institution(s) that you want your children to get into. Like Bush Sr did. What, you think that is beyond you? I hope not. It's not 'white affirmative action',Kween, it's reciprocity.

Give me a plan Kween- you must have a strategy given all the time you spend thinking about this- Let me hear it. I am interested in your ideas.

Messages In This Thread

The problem with Cosby *LINK*
Re: The problem with Cosby *LINK*
What is the difference between Cosby and Yunus?
it takes a nation of millions to hold us back
Re: The problem with my figures.
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CO
in amorica we have the right to speak
Re: in amorica we have the right to speak
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com