Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity

Once again you speak too much about what little you know. Sunday is not the day of segregation you would have it to be. Well, I geuss it depends on what kind of community you in which you live. I take it that you are referring to church and where different groups go to worship. In that cas you may have a point but I have not been to church in years so I could not elaborate on that. I can tell you that I have played flag football for three seasons of the last three years, and you find all kinds of ethnic groups on almost every team. There are hundreds of people gathered undere the National monument playing flag football, coed flag football, and soccer. I see more people gathered together there solving problems together than I see at any church. Thats just my observation. You have to visit inorder to be able to give a more educated view. In the fall if you were to walk into any sports bar, you would find various "types" of people enjoying their favorite team compete. To say that sunday is the most segregated day in the U.S. is a debate that could easily go either way but is not absolute.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't like to be classified, but you are making an ass of yourself again to assume that you know what color I or the Queen is. You assuming that I don't acknowledge all parts of my history. You assume that every Slave woman was raped. There is more race mixing in Trinidad than the U.S. in percentage to the population. Actually, if it were a race you would find we are gaining on you.

There has been no abandoment of the other factor for our existence as a people. I think that you will find that many accept their families past inorder to keep site of the future. Not long ago, some decendents of slaves claimed Thomas Jefferson as one of their ancestors. Oprah had a show on people who come from ancestry different of what they are classified as today. People are resaerching there family history and have been for some time now.

That brings us back to Africa. To say that they should keep "black" America at a distance is another attempt to divide power. If it weren't for the efforts of "Black" America, Apartide would still be going on now. If it weren't for a "black" American, Afirca would still have colonial ruled territories. It was a " mongrel slave that pushed for the end of colonial rule in Africa. I geuss it would be a scary thing to be "adopted" back into cultures that own valuable land that the world depends on. It would be scary to have Africans in the United States return with knowledge of how Europe and the European in the U.S. negotiate treaties and business deals. To all of the sudden empower Africa with the knowledged gained through the expierience of it's long lost children in the "New World". It' would be scary for this unification to happen because it nver happend before in history. If you know a little about Africa, you would know that the people there never had a contenental unification. Shaka was on his way. Africans Like Native Americans or real Americans never completed the stages of empire building that Europe,Asia, and Persia. Thats why they were easily conquered.

At any rate, you and the world hope that Africans don't unite because of fear of retalliation. This fear has gone on and on since the African Slave Trade started. When Haiti became the first Free African State in the West, the U.S cut ties because they couldn't have Former Slaves putting Ideas into the minds of of there property. That would have ruined the United States considering there were more Africans here than Europeans. After the Emancipation Proclamation, The immigration Floogates where opened up to all of Europe too throw maintain the Balance of power out of fear. Segregation laws were issued inorder to maintain the balance of power. When Africans were living on land that had oil, in communities that were booming economically, they were removed in order to maintain the balance of power. When Africans started demanding equal rights and embarassing their counterparts on a globbal scale, the were killed inorder to maintain the balance of power. Not long after Two leaders of the movement for civil rights were killed and blacks took up arms, their neighborhoods were flooded with drugs and alcohol the same way it had been done with native Americans, and the people of what is now known as Hong Kong. It was that fear that losing the balance of power that has almost destroyed a people. The only thing you can think of is will we ever unite because you yourself deep down inside know that you have benifited like the rest of the world off of the efforts of Africans and your afraid. Like many outside of the "group", you are so ready to blame Africans for their own misfortune, and ready to claim their acheivements. If the Balance of Power were to change, you like many would fear being discovered for who you really are. I have told you that the it is the worlds problem for the status of modern day Africans as a group of people. Unification will come even though it has no exact formula. No need to worry. People like you will find their place, I just hope you will be willing to accept it.

Messages In This Thread

What is this preoccupation with black unity
Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com