Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity

It is unfortunate that you can't comprehend the post that have been submitted. My Father was from Trinidad. My Mother is from Indiana. I was born in the United States. That means if you don't understand, that one parent is from Trinidad.

Now that thats out of the way, maybe you will answer the question about Black leaders in the United States instead of trying to get around it. Who is who and who do they represent? We are not ants and don't march to the beat of the same drum. The situation for Blacks here vary from state to state region to region. Unity among us is only a little stronger than that of "White" America only because of the history of America. If Black freedom as a whole is threatened, then you will see unity immediately. The reason is simple. People who are not unified will ban together to fight against a common enemy if their existance is threatened. Right now, that is not the situation. We are doing alot better in some areas than in others. Didn't I tell you that you have to try for the maximum in order to gain at least the minimum? Take a look at whats going on in Iraq. Two groups of people are banning together to fight the U.S. coalition. At this rate, George Bush will have to withdraw. The colonial powers and their most powerful weapon (The United States) was not set up to fight this kind of fight. Iraq has the law on it's side and the U.S. can do only so much until the rest of the world hates us to the degree of opposing this infiltration. Thats a whole different ssubject, I was just trying to point out how unification could happen between people who don't think alike.

You will not find me at this stage in my life taking on any government head to head. I have told you that thats the old way of gaining your needs. There will not be from my mouth any talk about military action to get what I want from my government unless there is no alternative. Right now, Blacks have upward mobility on paper her and have to utilize it to the maximum. Then We can take our fight to the next level if our problem has not been resolved. One thing is for sure, if we as a people were able to instantly break the chains of colonialism forty years ago, then there would not have been a need in that time frame for for large amounts of immigration.

I am not against immigration or immigrants. I beleive that inorder for any nation to become a unified society, that immigration should be kept on a low. I don't see anything wrong with that thought. Please feel free to enlighten me if you do. Every nation was created by immigrants in todays world even China. There has been a period of time set aside where these different groups of people could assimilate and form something new. Thats a piece to how the strong nations in the world developed. I know that you didn't want to read all of this and that your attention probably more than once wanned from what was posted, but try to respond to statements that were actually posted. May I suggest that you copy these post and then disect them so that you have something in writing to reference before you post something in response to statements not made?

Messages In This Thread

What is this preoccupation with black unity
Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com