Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity

Good Morning McTavish, I am not about strapping a bomb to myself and setting it off in a crowded market place, however; I believe that oppressed people use whatever means are at their disposal. There is something that I view as critically important to our continuing dialogue. First and foremost, I believe that Culture is more important than Race. And while I have been deliberately virulent in my retorts, it was designed to evoke from you whatever defensive/offensive applications that you viewed as a resolution to some of the pertinent issues that were addressed/avoided in this ongoing airing of our particular views and that of others. I would not be offened if someone said that T&T was one huge ghetto, I am sure that you would find this to be alarming. Permit me to submit my point of view.

A patient is being provided with the result of his/her annual physical and the doctor says "had it not been for the cancer in your left ear you would be in excellent health". One tiny organ is affected and the walls are about to come tumbling down.This is how I view events and circumstances. There were moments when you were iritated, perhaps angry with my statements and being the instigator, I did not reciprocate because I learn something new everyday about human behaviour. So if you were to accept my premise that culture is more important than race, it would enable you to provide a more profound argument as to why there is no defined strategy to bring about sustained unity of people of colour in this hemisphere other that that of an emotional nature. In a rapidly changing world devoid of morality at all levels including Church and State, we find ourselves existing in interesting times. A mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste. Do not relent as it is necessary to "keep hope alive". And do have a great day.

Messages In This Thread

What is this preoccupation with black unity
Re: What is this preoccupation with black unity *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com