Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

I was refering to the stages of our cultural development after being dispersed in comparison with the the stages off social development. It's definately nothing to be upset over. It should be a given that we have gone through these stages of social development at a rapid pace. Less than 200 years and we are way further along than the our former oppressors when they were creating the countries that have colonized most of the world. Thats just my veiw.

Also, why must we compare ourselves to people who did not share our plight?

I personally have never witnessed a lynching. I have seen pictures, but I feel as much of a connection with them as I do with my great great grandparents. I've seen them in photos, but their experience is foreign to me. I've seen personally more people of European decent harmed physically more than those of African. That has been my personal experience. It is only what I have read that has lead me to believe that I'm a victim. I believe that if the oppressed would have fought back, then we would all be better off. It is my opinion that it is better to die for freedom than to live as a slave in hell. " oh nigger what you got to say, fredom come my way one day. rather be a nigga in Carolina, than be a free man in hell" That is not how I feel. As far as the question of my sensitivity or lack of, I would just like to say I hear your argument, and understand what it is that your trying to tell me. I just don't agree. I think that our people have become too sensitive in all of the wrong areas. How is it that we can be sensitive to our plight, but agressive toward one another? We can't and our culture at times seems as if it is one of hypocracy. We must learn to hear or feel. No more should there be all of this grey area to confuse and allow for more victims to arise. Slavery was a time when we were infants because we had no power. We had no we. I'm saying now things have changed and we can do much more to help one another than somone else from outside our group if we hear. It is possible that because I was born in the year of seventy five that I don't remember slavery the way some of you do.

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com