Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

I have posted the same message in various forms, in various threads on this message board, several times over. I cannot dispute that you have also because I have not read all your posts.
It is however, my answer to anyone trying to place the blame of societal decay squarely upon the shoulders of the impoverished without acknowledging the culpability of the wealthy and famous.

"We all know there is an awful deal of suffering in the world that cannot be considered as a mere individual question!--sufferings that we do not individually cause, and are not personally responsible for--sufferings bequeathed to us as individuals and as members of the State; for we have to bear the accumulated burdens of centuries on centuries of ignorance, or, worse still, of wilful crime, and, worst of all, of wrong made sacred by religious sanction, and supported by Law and the Press. And the burden of the many crushes the individual to the earth; and the God of Justice appears to be blind to the case--makes no rush to the rescue, even when we suffer for the sins of others. Be sure even these can be turned to eternal account. But, he has this lesson to convey to the world--Humanity is one." Gerald H. Massey.

Unlike some who believe in victimizing the victims: I believe in the Biblical saying that, "to whom much is given much more is expected."
And I am no Bible thumper, nor do I subscribe to any particular religion. I left theological Dogma behind in my adolescence. I rely on my conscience and experience, for moral and ethical guidance.

"We stand in Heaven's own light and cast the evil shadow of Self, and say it is the devil.
The moment we recognise evil, and have acquired the consciousness of its existence, the responsibility for its existence becomes ours... Here is a foe to fight to the death, whether as a misguided passion in the individual, or a disease in the life of a nation." Gerald H. Massey.

I am aware that my stance is neither original nor unique, and I am heartened each time a voice with a wider audience expresses similar views, a la Bill Moyers on "Inequality Matters". I believe that regardless of our route, we all must arrive at this place eventually. Whether as Massey eloquently says, " We accept the revelation lovingly,…by light of heaven…or 'tis flashed upon us terribly, by lightning of hell.

Maybe our voices are just two of a few in the wilderness, and as long as we exist all is not lost. There is strength to be gained from every recognition of a kindred spirit, and the hope that if we continue to do our small part eventually others will see the light.

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com