Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

labels? masks? labels? masks?
We are much more than our media assigned labels.
All a label says is what you are not. Thus if you are labeled middle-class white conservative, you are not part of the liberal left-wing, a label usually ascribed to those who profess some sympathy for those labeled non-white, poor and unfortunate.

We have become so enarmoured with our masks that even though we no longer need it for survival we cling to it like some trophy.
Look at me, do you not see that I am different from the huddled masses of "the great un-washed" that first arrived from Europe to these shores?
Look at me. do you not see that I'm no Nigger? I spit on those still in shackles. I am an educated Black man, I have a job and I have "things."
Look at me, I am no Capo or Thug, I am an Italian-American my parents worked hard to send me to Yale or Princeton. My family has no criminal connections.

But behind the mask, our soul cries out to be set free from our unconscious existence, as we struggle to maintain the lifestyle that the label implies. Even though the principles and values behind the label bears no resemblance to our reality. While the puppet masters are laughing all the way bank.

Like the matrix sentinel says we are all copper-tops.
However, unlike the movie version of the matrix, there is no messiah waiting in the wings.

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com