Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

It is my belief that We don't have to subscribe to the idea that we are less, underprivileged, or anything else that makes us victems. I think that that whole way of thinking has for some made us aware, but for many if not most fall into a victimised way of thinking aka mental slavery. We need to change our way of thinking when it comes to us and our relation towards our, local, state, and international relationships.

For instance, it is given that there has been a cultural erosion in the United States when it comes to the African as oppossed to an assimilation of the positive African values that would have contributed to the overall society. (I'm not speaking of the material things such as inventions, athletic records and or for the matter any thing involving entertainment). Back to my point. It is my belief that now is the time to really sit back and identify what our culture really is.
We know that everything positive that we have contributed to the United States comes from avenues that would allow us at least personal stability and some measure of social acceptance.
My idea although not perfect or toatally refined is to get more African Americans thinking in terms of personal positivity with out somehow subscribing to some sort of higher colonialsm.
We can do this by cleaning up our own back yards instead of letting the government do it for us. When I clean my house or yard I know exactly where I placed something and or why it's there. If somone else where to do it, I would have a hard time accepting how they did it because it wouldn't reflect my thought. We should take the same aproach to our communities. We shouldn't ask Sam to do it for us and cry when he doesn't. After all, it is Sam that turned us into children unable to viably support ourselves.
It is my belief that it is time for us to grow up if you will as a people. Slavery was a time when we were infants being taken care of and given chores. After emancipation and through the Jim Crow years, we were pre teens. From the sixties to now, it seems as if we were in a stage of being teen agers. We wanted our identity to be positive, but didn't know exactly how to obtain it completely. We have been in cultural development like so many teenagers, trying to figure out what they are going to do with their lives and experimenting out of their box when it come to family and society. Now it's time to take it a step further and grow up.
It's not easy, and if anything we are going to struggle. I don't believ the struggle is with the dominant group aka former oppressors because their system is already in place. We no longer need to " bump" the system in a traditional sense because it has already calculated those minor disturbances. The system has not calculated our comming together and doing the right thing which is becoming as independent as any other ethnic group in this country. once we do that, then we may be a positive threat to the social fabric of this nation and hence the world.
So you see, that the enemy is not with the persons that we see everyday in the ouside world, but the enemy within whom has allowed us to be enemy to one another and our communities. The enemy within whom has allowed us to think that the enemy is clearly identifiable. That train of thought has allowed the designers of this game to control us from the inside out rather than the other way around.

The challenge for Africans in the United States is to lokk within, and find out how we can personally improve the lives of our children at least if not for ourselves. In my opinion that means not depending on Sam, and getting rid of all of the things that he has allowed to infiltrate our communities like drugs, alcohol, illiteracy, prostitution, guns, and all other weapons of mass destruction. That should be the common goal of both the left and the right. We can not expect anyone to do it for us and make it the way we want it to be without a price. We've tried that before and are paying the price for it now hence the projects and all of the bad things that have risen out of it. If we try it my way, then I garauntee that same will have to change the rules to his game and by doing so will allow (not Sam allowing us, but rather the opportunity allowing us) the freedom that we have so long seeked. I garauntee that it would spread to Africa, the Carribean, and other areas of the world where dispersed peoples of Africa live.

Yes I say that our greatest challange lay within. our greatest fear is the success of a plan like mine because there will be no playing the carnival fool all year long. There will be no all night liming and showing up to work late and drunk or not at all. There will be no mass number of brothers going to prison for trying to feed our pockets and or families through illegal activity. Personally I would destroy all those who seek to destroy the communlity because they are infected seriously with the ill effects of colonialsm and don't even recognise it. You may say to yourself that that is brutal, but I ask what is more brutal than somone who would rather keep our society last pace for money?
It's time to act not act like we're acting!

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com