Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

I recently viewed a program on Link-TV called the Bosnia Hotel. The program featured Samburu warriors speaking on “their impression of the white man’s civilization…a place where people blow one another up with explosives without even seeing their faces.” a la Timmy McVeigh in Oklahoma. And, kill women and children indiscriminately which in their view are cowardly acts.
“There are no cowards here.” he remarks.

These warriors, beautiful men I might add, were recruited by the Kenyan military and sent to Bosnia as part of the UN’s peacekeeping forces.
The film finds them returned to their traditional lives, which includes drinking the blood of freshly slaughtered animals. A practice viewed as uncivilized by those in the West who think the height of civilization is to sit at a table in a fancy restaurant and perform the same ritual. For what is a steak served up rare.
The film ends as one warrior remarks that Bosnia is “a country much different than ours, but no better or worse.”

It is hard to imagine that noted economist Barack Obama, Sr., the father of Senatorial candidate Barack Obama Jr, grew up in an environment similar to these Samburu . Yet no one would consider his son uncivilized or backward. Although he shares the same history, values and ethics with these brave warriors.

Diaspora Africans have been brainwashed to believe that “if it isn’t white it isn’t right“. Their traditional value systems have been supplanted by a corrupted version of the original African. Which they accept willingly. However, they are not alone.

Dunbar’s mask traditionally reserved for Diaspora Africans has now been usurped by America’s wider majority and in all probability most of the “civilized” world.
What do you say to someone who admits to being two paychecks away from poverty but continues to support the government's policies, particularly those of the current administration. As a society we have become nothing more than our media assigned labels. We continue to wear or masks even as our tortured souls cry out to be free from the imperialist yoke.

As Bill Moyers says the wealthy have declared a war on the middle and lower classes, it is probably the only war where the causalities will die laughing.

You don't need a teacher, my friend, you need a "shrynk."

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com