
| DAILY NEWS |
KING OF THE ROAD! Thursday, February 19, 2026
MACHEL, VOICE IN TIGHT RACE Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Broadcast controversy Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Terri Lyons takes the crown Monday, February 16, 2026
Exodus wins Panorama Sunday, February 15, 2026
US Eases Venezuela oil sanctions Saturday, February 14, 2026
When moral authority meets historical reality Friday, February 13, 2026
Headlines
|
| ARTICLES & LETTERS |
Our Truant Prime Minister Monday, September 18, 2023
Pillars of Brinsley Samaroo’s achievements Monday, July 17, 2023
Old Friends Monday, April 3, 2023
Manufacturing Dictators Monday, March 6, 2023
One Thousand Patriots Monday, February 6, 2023
Thanks, USA - for nothing Monday, January 30, 2023
Talk Done Monday, January 23, 2023
Articles
International Opinions
|
|
 |  |
 
News and Commentaries from Various News Sources in T&T

KING OF THE ROAD! Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2026
KING OF THE ROAD! * Encore earns Machel 12th Road March, surpassing Kitchener's record
Machel breaks Kitch's record Montano's "Encore" registered 171 plays as mas bands crossed the judging points on Carnival Monday and Tuesday.
Voice (Aaron St Louis) placed second with "Cyah Behave", which was played 127 times; while Bunji Garlin (Ian Alvarez) secured third place with "Still a Road Man", amassing 97 plays across the official judging routes.
"Beyond words" – Machel Montano celebrates historic Road March victory
Lost Tribe's beaver trick a 'special win' Bandleader says it was great to showcase T&T's heritage
Lost Tribe is Band of the Year
Carnival 2026 hailed as major economic and cultural success Carnival 2026 generated a bumper season and reinforced Trinidad and Tobago's position as a world-class cultural destination, the Ministry of Culture and Community Development and the National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago have said.
Moonilal suggests regional platform for energy collaboration Energy Minister Roodal Moonilal has signalled a reset in this country's approach to regional energy diplomacy, admitting that previous administrations failed to synchronise T&T's hydrocarbons strategy with developments in Guyana and Suriname.
Hopeful on working with Guyana, Suriname Moonilal meets with energy giants:
PNM govt did most of the work for EU delisting, says Beckles Leader of the Opposition Pennelope Beckles has challenged Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar over claims that the current administration delivered Trinidad and Tobago's removal from the European Union's list of non-cooperative tax jurisdictions, arguing that the record does not support that narrative.
Former environmental chief sues Kamla's Govt Former Environmental Commission chairman Sunil Sookraj has filed a lawsuit against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her Cabinet, over an alleged decision last year to revoke his reappointment.
TAKE A SOCIAL MEDIA BREAK
Tarouba residents label Carnival season as boring and uneventful Popular fetes such as Xperience, Out In South, and Stink n Dutty once drew crowds to the facility, valued for its highway access, parking, and convenience. Last November, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar announced a ban on fetes, citing complaints about noise and disruptions to neighbouring communities. Officials said the venue, built for cricket, suffered damage from non-sporting events and incurred high maintenance costs that fete revenues did not offset.
ESCTT calls for independent probe of Helon's disruption The Emancipation Support Committee of Trinidad and Tobago (ESCTT) has called for an independent investigation into the disruption of 2025 Calypso Monarch Helon Francis' performance at Dimanche Gras on Carnival Sunday night.
Parents warned to pay attention to dangerous trend, as teens mixing alcohol with drugs "We are receiving a lot of reports at various stations about children mixing alcohol along with other psychoactive drugs. Some of them are being taken to the station unconscious. I want to drive that point home so that parents will pay better attention to their children," he stressed.
CoP satisfied with security measures put in place for Carnival While senior Government officials acknowledged the several homicides between Friday and yesterday, Commissioner of Police (CoP) Allister Guevarro maintained they were not related to the festivities.
South mas shutdown: Police apologize for "misunderstanding" The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) has apologized for what it called a "misunderstanding" that led to night mas competitions being cut short by officers on Monday night in Central and South Trinidad.
Social media figure 'Batman' remanded on kidnapping, rape charges Controversial social media personality Gabriel "Batman" Harrigin has been remanded to prison after being denied bail when he appeared in court charged with kidnapping and rape.
Send page by E-Mail
|
|
Contact Us
|
trinidadandtobagonews
|
|