Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: 'What's wrong with the Black Community?'

I apologize for making you wait for a reply, but some people have more things to do with their lives than be "internet bullies". However, it is a mistake on your behalf to name me as one who who is not aware of himself in terms of social reasoning. Before you start discussing what I am and who I'm suppossed to be, maybe you should try to break free of the box that you live. Flip the pages to decide if you like the book instead of looking at the cover.

Now that thats been said, why don't you tell me or rather define for all of us what "black pride" is exactly. We need to know this from an expert to continue this discussion. After all, you seem to pay more attention to people of African decent than any athor to come to the conclusion that we are the globes sole problem. I confess, it is we who are responsible for nuclear weapons that could eliminate life for mankind if someone is having a bad day. I confess, it is we who are responsible for the majority of the pollution that fills our lungs and kills the Earth. I confess, it is we who are responsible for the diaspora and the genocide that followed. It is we that made India a British Colony and caused muslims in the region to form Pakistan. I confess we are the ones who really have done all of the damage to everyone in every situation in the world.

There was one thing that you were right about in you last post,"Culture is more important than race". What I'm starting to notice and maybe you can help me on this, but you don't believe that there is a Trini Culture and I believe thats your problem. Something else you can do is define for all of us what a TRINI is and what it means to be TRINI 2de BONE. That is if you are in fact a Trini. You sound as your someone from outside of the country looking down on it's citizens. Who do you think you are to assume a position of power and leadership to look down on anyone. If you don't like the country then you have two things that you can do. Move or get involved to help fix the problems you are somewhat responsible for because if are Trini, then you are responsible.

TAKE PRIDE IN TRINIDAD and TOBAGO!

I cannot answer your kidnapping question because I don't know enough about it. When father and his mother and friends came to the United States, I'm sure kidnapping East Indians was the least of their concerns.

The dicipline of Trinis is something different than that of Singaporean Socieaty and vice versa. I have never seen or heard of people frome Singapore being able to celebrate like carnival and every thing that contributes or relates to that. That is what Trinidad is known for around the world. If you want Trinidad to be known for something different, then lead the way and stop trying to seperate yourself. Like I said in my last post, and this seems ever more true,"if a person migrates to a westernworld country that they should assimilate within reason to the dominate culture or subscibe in full to the laws that define that country". So you can either subscribe to being a Trini, or / and you start or contribute to an idea that Trinidad and Tobago can be more efficient if Trinis want it to be. That simple. Take a poll. Then you can find out if that is the country for you. Many hightech Jobs are being outscourced to India, maybe you can move there? Guyana will have you. Indians there also think that they are better than the Negroes. The fact of the matter is that while there is no uniformity in those countries and people continue to push and pull one another down, people in the U.S. and Europe look down on all of you no matter who you blame it on. Think.

Messages In This Thread

'What's wrong with the Black Community?'
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com