Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: 'What's wrong with the Black Community?'

Like I have said before that nothing is absolute. Also, it seems that you read my post, but you can't comprehend the information that is provided. I don't want to get to personal but I'll try this once again.
First let me ask a question. Has Singaporean society ever faced the cultural genocide that "blacks" in TNT along with most of the African diaspora have suffered and for as long?
Another question for you. Who are you or anyone in modern day global society to unify individuals into one group after generations upon generations of successfully seperating these people? It's kind of like a man who is down but trying to pick up the pieces and at least three or four groups of people come over and kick and beat him back into submission because of an individual who looks like him but didn't really share the same life experiences did somthing socially wrong.

Like I have said, nothing is absolute and with that in mind, there is no way that you could convince me that there are no positive and successful people of primarily African decent in TNT.
Furthermore, it was by the economic, political, and social pressures of the colonies of England (especially the U.S.), France, Spain,and Portugal with Belgium following suit later that created what you call a global rot along with their allies. Therefore, it is the responsibility of every individual that have benifited from these destructive regim's to not turn their back in seperation but to unite and correct the social plague that prevents countries from success. To blame the man that is down without understanding the circumstances of his fall is ignorant to say the least especially when one does nothing to correct what is seen as the problem. In my opinion thats more inhumane and animalistic then some non-social beast on the discovery channel.

You have tought me a lesson and it is this. There is nothing wrong with people of African decent. The problem lay in the communities where they live. Not neighborhoods because there are many Africans that live in diverse neighborhoods where I live. The communities have treated people based on their look to be all the same and all negative without really paying attention to whats going on. Social classification is more destructive to a society than a person who committs a crime in order to feed his family. Maybe if he weren't profiled he could obtain a decent enough career to be self sufficient.

You sound just like many of the Asian people I talk to about how they feel about people of African decent in this country. Many of them immigrate here and open convenience stores in what is considered a black neighborhood and never put anything back in the community that they service not even themselves. They turn their backs to the hands that feed them and wonder why along with call foul when they get their head split or murdered. Many walk around as if they are better then Africans. I geuss it depends on who is the judge. I know for a fact that some Whites refer to Indians, and Pakistani's as "Sand Niggers". Pretty much, if wone looks like whe or she comes from southwest Asia, that person is considered a "towel head or terrorist" in some circles. Many East Asians are considered "bucket heads"( something about the shape of the head), slopes, gooks, charlie, Pet eaters. Hispanics in many circles are refered to as wet-backs, spics, landscapers, high jumpers (some of the ignorant creaters of these slurs think that there is a fence that boarders the total U.S Mexican boarder), etc... Whats worse is that all of these groups look at the African as if he were beneith them and not one group would be where they are if it were not for the African.

I believe that if a person migrates to a westernworld country that they should assimilate within reason to the dominate culture or subscibe in full to the laws that define that country. There should be no Indians in Trinidad and Tobago, but rather Trinis. The same goes for any other group. In reality thats a conflict of intrest. For example, my Friday night should not be ruined because of cinco de mayo celebrations that have nothing to do with the country I'm from.
To answer your question, I could care less about Singapore or Singaporean society other than the fact that it was a terrible tragedy that happened last year. They will rebuild. especially because they weren't destroyed by the destructive force of man(per se European man at that)and the international community fells sorry for them. Who feel sorry for Africans in Africa and Africans in the Western Diaspora? Not you for sure.
The only Asian Countries I'd dare to live in would be Japan or China.

If you cannot admit that history caused a direct link with what you see in your society, then your one of the problems with what you consider to be the "black community".

Messages In This Thread

'What's wrong with the Black Community?'
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com