Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: 'What's wrong with the Black Community?'

As I understand it, there was a major "brain drain" in T-N-T during the 60's, t0, and early 80's especially from the Afican based population there. Nothing is absolute, but when the upper portion of any group leaves, the community, then there is noone there to help the downtrodden. My main argument was not really about money except to note that it does play a significant role in the development of character in a community. Better yet, there are parrallels between having economic resources and education. I'm going a step further by noting that culture is also very important. With that being said, I would like to say that at one time someone told me that hope fore "blacks" in the Western hemisphere lay in reuniting with Africa. I now agree, but to a certain extent. After all, Africa was sectioned off into European based boarders without any thought to the disruption of the local social fabric. To make a long explanation short, it is my personal belief that Westernised African of the diaspora could contribute finances to a cultural revitilization, but not culture. Culture would have to come from Africa but then again, Africa and it's native inhabitants have been raped of most of their resources and native mentality causing a rift in ethical behavior (socially speaking and not absolute) amongst Afica's inhabitants and the Africans of the diaspora. What you see happening in Trinidad is probably happening in every country that was a former colony of England at least. They started the problem that was perpetuated by the United States, and together those two nations need to correct the problem. I hate to use this as an example because if your not of sound mind you could take this out of context, but a tiger is born in captivity, there is where it will reside for it's life cycle. These "super cats" could be reintroduced, but at the same time their native environment is shirnking at an alarming rate. Not to mention poachers. Same thing with people to an extent. I could go to Africa.I could try to reintroduce myself with distant relatives in Ghanna, Liberia, Sierra Leonne, Ivory Coast, etc...but as the native cultural environment has evolved to the extent that I would be fair game to all "poachers" who see me as a rich American. Lets face it most of the mental constructs that have and continue to erode that society began in Europe with the aid of it's allies and their aid is key to correcting this global problem thatspread throughout its former colonies.

Messages In This Thread

'What's wrong with the Black Community?'
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com