Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy

In this day and time, the only connections of the decendents of the slaves with Africans in Africa is Biological. That connection is Acknowledged as being stronger than what it really is mainly by people of outer groups.

You said,"We must keep in mind the tragedy of the descendents of slaves somewhat removed,spending their entire lives emulating the core values of the descendents of their former slave masters. Without a blueprint they have unconsciously determined that assimilation is the prudent way to go".
I can think of no current government that does not emulate in some form or another the government of the US or Britain. If you remember, the U.S. has many similarities because it was a colony. At any rate when I say current government, I mean those of the western Hemisphere and first world. You will find that many young decendents don't find absolute assimilation the way to go. As a matter of fact, many try so hard not to assimilate that they go the next step (backwards) and fail themselves for fear of being called white and otherwords ostricized by their peers.

You said, "In time their minds could be beyond rehabilitation. So in my view, the only hope lies in Africa. There is however, a factor whose role could impact the outcome and I refer to it without hesitation or apprehension and in it's broad reference "Men of Goodwill" could be a key facilitator."

What hope were you speaking of? Who are the men of goodwill? It is my opinion that the decendents have the chance to be something that now other people can claim, and that is new. The decendents can create their own using the blueprints afforded them by the world beyond the United States within the structure of the United states. Why should they or any person subscribe to notions and theories in which seem foreign without wanting to? Yes it is true that many who are considered to be black in the U.S. are in fact decendents of both Africa and Europe. However, it is also true that the Europeans have never accepted responsibility for their children of mixed lineage. Maybe that is why many of the "children" expect big government to take care of them. You can call them "black liberals".

Messages In This Thread

Girl thrown out of school over dreadlocks *LINK*
Re: Girl thrown out of school over dreadlocks
Outcry for Kalifa *LINK*
Re: Archbishop overrules nun on 'dreadlocks girl' *LINK*
Re: Khalifa’s mom fears backlash at St Charles *LINK*
Petersen leads Kalifa's legal team
Archbishop orders principal to Take Kalifa in
NO TO TRANSFER OF KALIFA LOGAN
Kalifa remains at home *LINK*
Kalifa to start at El Dorado *LINK*
The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy
Re: The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com