Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy

Ses,
My question which in all probability appeared to be somewhat simplistic, was desigined to determine if a line of demarcation existed between the antagonist and protagonist and if any of it was shared and influenced by the initial observations.

While I support in principle the central observations that you articulated, there are some fundamental views that I have acquired as a result of my life experiences. The first, is that an overwhelming majority of those individuals whose designation is black and who find the term acceptable, will, in time disappear entirely. That is to say that by abdicating the responsibility to assert and protect their identity for future generations they have capitulated to the dominence of whites. We must keep in mind the tragedy of the descendents of slaves somewhat removed,spending their entire lives emulating the core values of the descendents of their former slave masters. Without a blueprint they have unconsciously determined that assimilation is the prudent way to go.In this continent the perception of consumer and entertainer is still the prevailing sentiment. In time their minds could be beyond rehabilitation. So in my view, the only hope lies in Africa. There is however, a factor whose role could impact the outcome and I refer to it without hesitation or apprehension and in it's broad reference "Men of Goodwill" could be a key facilitator.

Messages In This Thread

Girl thrown out of school over dreadlocks *LINK*
Re: Girl thrown out of school over dreadlocks
Outcry for Kalifa *LINK*
Re: Archbishop overrules nun on 'dreadlocks girl' *LINK*
Re: Khalifa’s mom fears backlash at St Charles *LINK*
Petersen leads Kalifa's legal team
Archbishop orders principal to Take Kalifa in
NO TO TRANSFER OF KALIFA LOGAN
Kalifa remains at home *LINK*
Kalifa to start at El Dorado *LINK*
The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy
Re: The Black Child: A Destiny In Jeopardy *LINK*
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com