Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up

Once you get past my poor spelling it almost explains itself. I did a lot of hinting around what was my point which was lost in translation. For future reference, my stand on Africans in Africa and around the world as a result of the Diaspora is that we need to unify for one another to improve our lives because in my opinion it is no one else's responsibility and if it is we can not and should not be waiting for them to act in our interest. I believe that we can, but the question is whether or not we will. Can we prove that European colonialism didn't ruin us? Should our goal be to prove something to Europe or the powers of the world instead of just acting to do something constructive and productive to better the world in our eyes for us? Can we care about one another enough to not allow those empires, states, or nations destroy or attack ideas for re-assimilation to a new African based norm without fear of attack from prior human rights violations committed against us but, fear that any new attack would cause swift and fierce retaliation. I was talking about being strong without begging for help because that begging is one of the things in my opinion that creates the lack of respect that we as a people receive globally. Maybe when we achieve that we won't be talking about crisis in Africa or around the world involving peoples of African decent. We need a renewed sense of pride void of expectations from people who don't look like us. We need action with an agenda that clearly puts our people first for our people with the motto power to the people. I'm not speaking exclusion but rather inclusion with us as the primary target of that inclusion for our interest addressing our issues. I realize that some singers, dancers, actors, and other entertainers who have made profit by trying to please "others" would resent such an idea. They "the lost" already feel that they are fully assimilated and excepted into these European based societies. They think that they are invested members of their communities until they get harassed by the Police, unjustly punished by the judge, and banned by the communities that they helped build.
Anyway, that was the gist of my argument with Queen, but I wanted to play with the victims point of view. I wanted to hear honesty no matter how presumptuous it was. It just proves that colonized minds still exist but not in the forms that we may think. Someone who doesn't believe that government should be solely responsible for correcting the problems that plague Africa and the problems facing Africans of the Diaspora has his or her "blackness" questioned for not falling in line with a norm that is not productive for any of us is ridiculous. I feel for Obama. Sometimes playing devils advocate or being a little bit "in your face" in regards to political ideas exposes the true agenda of people who are engaged in any particular discussion. It didn't translate a victory for me, nor did it make my point of view more valid. It just made the other person seem less rational and less well rounded. In a way we all lost because it displayed the real effect of colonialism and how it continues to make us paranoid of one another to the effect that we don't or can't acknowledge rights and wrongs beyond color and racial constructs of reality.

I'm shutting up about Dafur. I'm shutting up about Mugabe. I'm shutting up about Castro, Chaves, and any other leader that has tried to rebel against global wrongs that are committed year in and year out by Europe and it's allies against darker skinned people of the world. It seems that I'm the only one who would (if in power) would dare to shut off the power on those that seem to use their power to exploit others in their interest. I would for the real "Black Market" and see how they would feel if they were excluded from participating in various economies because my allies didn't like their domestic policies or laws. Their was a discussion on the subject of reopening trade between Cuba and the United States as if the U.S. would be doing Cuba a favor. Will the U.S. ever realize that it is Cuba's Human right to trade with whomever should be willing and interested in trading with them free from threat of the U.S.? Great shame faces all of humanity who sacrifices itself for nationalistic and Eurocentric policies that have not only created the world in which we live today, but are solely responsible for it's attempted murder justified by exploitation and the trade that followed. One thing is for sure. Your either apart of it or your not. You/ we have to decide what kind of a world do we want to live in and if this is it. With the economy domestic and internationally shaped like a pyramid and ten percent controlling the all of the resources, I can't explain why anyone would want what is now unless they are apart of that club who doesn't worry about meals, bills, or survival.

Messages In This Thread

On Darfur: Put-up or Shut-up
do something withe the typos, youngster *NM*
slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
Re: slap me if i ever speak to white boy agin
i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
Re: i just got slapped....sorry
curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
Re: curtis dogheal mctavish are you 'white'?
independent strong conservative bro's and sista's
Re: independent strong conservative bro's and sist
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com