Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Raksha bandhan on aug 19th-Unique Indian festi

Yes India is a country of maximum diversity and contradiction as is the same with other great country with huge population.
Caste system is a problem handed down from generation and it still exists in some parts of india(In fact its a universal problem among all religion-higher class muslims will not marry lower class muslims and the lower class converts to christianity are still treated as outcaste by other christians whose only intrest is to convert to swell their numbers but they dont give the same treatment afterwards
) but anyone who has been recently to india will find that the barrier is slowly breaking and people of all class and caste are interacting and mingling in a scale which was never seen before.Modernisation and the global economy might be responsible for this as india is all set to become a global power.
I dont know about other people but am personally very excited to know about indian diaspora specially the fellow indian taken by britishers to faraway surinam,caribbean,mauritius among other places and how they facing all problem and difficulty have maintained the Indian identity.
Let me SALUTE EACH ONE OF YOU.Please continue maintaining the Glorious Indian Tradition wherever you are and be proud to be part of great nation called India.

Messages In This Thread

Raksha bandhan on aug 19th-Unique Indian festival
I have a problem with semantics
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com