Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: 'dr rat' dies from lung cancer

I was friend of the Doctors. I met him in the early 1970's when I was a young man working on a ship called the Jens Juhl which used to coem to Trinidad to trade cargo. I was inroducede to Dr. by Craig Huggins, then a young boy who traveled with us on our boat. Doctor had a good friend in those days, Herman Hadeed, who used to pal around with him.

we took the doctor on his first ever boat rip to Grenada, in which as soon as we arrived people came down to the wharf at GYS to see the "Dr. Rat" - so his reputation extended beyond Trinidad, for sure. He was accompnaied by his girlfriend at the time, Carol Boodhoo.

I last saw Dr. on Basilon street sometime in the late 1970's - by the old Roayl Cinema. I spent one Carnival with Dr. and Survivors.

He was a wonderful, intelligent, and loving human being. He was tough, yes, but he had a sense of justice and a sense of fairness. He was curious about the world, and he was proud.

I shall always remember him with love and repect, and I will always be proud to say he was my friend.

Messages In This Thread

'dr rat' dies from lung cancer
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com