Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Are blacks endangered inT&T?

I am not saying that I have an absolute solution to tha problems that effect Africaans world wide. However, I will say there is no solution until we stick together. The problem is with that many of us do not fully recognize the diaspora and how it is still being used against us preventing we from unification. I remember a time when Carribean people from Hati, would not speak to there neighbors from Jamaica, who wouldn't speak to their neighbors from Cuba. I remember because it still often times happens here in the U.S.. They are all representing the individual nation that they come from instead of promoting the Carribean. They talk as if one Island were better than the other. Most Americans haven't a clue about Carribean life/ culture. If we can't exploit it or maket it then it doesn't seem to exist. Unification is just a dream. I wish it were'nt. Everyone has their own intrest. They Carribean just like Africa are llike Crabs in a pot. Better yet, like junkyard dogs fighting over the scraps of the only real world power. Maybe thats why Amercanised Blacks cling to the wishful thinking of being free in the U.S.. Name another country that provides the sam chance and opportunity. The only thing I can say as far as my visit to T-N-T is that I felt like a first class citizen. Other than that, I was happy to return to the U.S. because of the opportunity. Blacks in the U.S. can't find the same opportunity anywhere else in the world. Thats why they are loyal to the potential/ dream of the U.S.. Trinidad seems to be ruled by about 1000 people. Thats a generous number. One more thing I would like to say about unity. When I was about 16, my father bought me my first car. It had to go through and inspection and needed some body work. He took me to his friends Autobody Shop and he and his old friend got into a conversation in which I couldn't understand. So I see a group of young guys that all seemed to be Trini. I started asking them questions about the where they came from what it was like. Furthemore why did they come to the U.S.. As the conversation went on, one of them started talking about one island being better than the other. Alot of Big Island Small island stuff. How can someone speak about the unification of the Carribean and Caricom if Trinidad can't even stay United with Tobago?

Messages In This Thread

Are blacks endangered inT&T?
Re: You better believe it -Blacks endangered.
Re: You better believe it -Blacks endangered.
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com