Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: Trini in the NBA
In Response To: Trini in the NBA ()

Ian,

I first wrote about Jamal Magloire some years ago when he was THE top player in the Canadian college circuit. He eventually attended Kentucky (I believe) where he did well and was later drafted by the then Charlotte Hornets. Magloire comes from a family with strong Trini roots. Both parents were born here but migrated to Canada before he was born. His uncle, Dale Magloire, played football for army, which is where I knew him. Dale keeps me in touch with Jamal's progress. But bear in mind he is not the first NBA player with Trini roots. That honour goes to Kareem Jabar. And I confidently predict we'll have "true Trinis" (meaning born in Trinidad or Tobago) in the NBA soon, since a number of our better players are currently in the US on scholarship.

Messages In This Thread

Trini in the NBA
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com