Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Trini in the NBA

Many people would have fond and not so fond memories of labor day 2003 on Eastern Parkway. What however I would like to share on the site with readers is my experience with NBA player Jamal Magloire. Magloire is a starter with the New Orleans(formerly Charlotte) Hornets and was very visible throughout the Carnival . I first saw him on Fulton street outside Charlie's Record where they had their annual jamdown and on the jouvert strip on Empire and Nostrand on Monday morning. Curious that I am, I called him to the judges station where I was judging the bomb tune for panmen and made some enquiries. It turned out the 6-11 Center has roots in St James and plainly indentifies with TnT. Magloire is listed as Canadian by the NBA but obviously embraces his Trini roots as was evident by the way he chipped along to every steelband on jouvert. He was humble all the while and never once acted with the celebrity status that comes with being in the NBA. I know his NBA dollars could have taken him on vacation anywhere else on the globe but he chose to be among his people in their moment of revelry. Of course I call upon all Trinis to iedentify with him moreso that any team or individual in the NBA of which we have no affiliation. Jamal Magloire is one of us, "a Trini to the marrow" I say, and that's enough for a celebartion.

Messages In This Thread

Trini in the NBA
Re: Trini in the NBA
Re: Trini in the NBA
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com