Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The problem with Cosby
In Response To: Re: The problem with Cosby ()

Kween you can say that I'm in denial, but almost all of your post prove that your in denial about your existance. You believe that since the U.S. and Europe are responsible for slavery and it's effects that they should repair the damage without any realistic thought as to how. Even as the U.S. has offered affirmative action to minorities, we still are at the bottom when it comes to our promise of a better future.

Do you realize that while you may refer to me as a sell out, you are positioning yourself further away from myself and other Blacks who have tried to better their lives?
You are just as much as part of the rift between the haves and the Have nots as the people you claim are Holding you down.

Maybe thats just it. Mentally you have been heald down by the chains of bondage for so long that you can't pull yourself up first without trying to bring others down. Typical slave. Noone that I'm aware of owes you or I anything. I never worked for free. I have everything I have earned and then some. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry.

Stop asking Sam for approval and work hard enough to make him feel compelled to seek your approval. The U.S. is supposed to be equal, Not fair. Can't get a loan? Open your own bank. Maybe if you have something to use as collateral you could secure a loan.

"what prevents African-Americans with exceptional resources from pooling those resources for the enrichment and betterment of all African-Americans?" The answer is simple. Many wealthy African Americans in this country didn't start off that way and know that if there is a will, there is a way. You can do it if you want to proven time and time again. Cosby was talking about those who have no will for whatever reason. You have to give them a hand up not a hand out. Our government gives handouts while the people who really care like Cosby give hand ups. Thats why he donates funds to prestigious historically Balck institutions. If he gave it to day-day or Tashalique, the mony wouldn't make it past the local corner store. Please don't give me the excuse and tired staory about corner stores. They stay in business because people want the goods in which they provide. Can you understand that by donating the funds to a higher source of education that Cosby and others are trying to bridge the gap in disparities between our Ethnic Groups?

African Americans have to start taking their future and lives seriously because nobody is playing with us. They may be watching us play, but thats not the same thing.

I predict that when Our children start excelling in the four r's, that everything else will come into play. We will se more investment into our communities by "our" wealthy and others from other groups. With this revenue it is my hope that we will be able to live more prosporous and socially condusive lives. "Our" millionaires won't have to feel isolated or the need to assimilate with their European counterparts because their will be a safe and secure place stemming from areas where we are the majority.

I suggest moving from Southern Cal. Come to the East where there are real ghetto's before you say Cosby' is wrong. Baltimore is a start. It's a place that doesn't have many foreign Blacks and you will quickly understand the idealogy that Cosby spoke about. The community is spread too thin there in the beach boy state. Cali is so liberal that everyone cries over everything. Ass a matter of fact, the Cali populous was recently whining over the Governers remarks. Good for him for he need not appologize either. This society seems like it's evolving into something less with all aof these mamas boys and weirdo's running around. I had better be politically correct since this is directed towards California and say "Metrosexual". Bull*&%#! But then again, thats my point when it comes to you. Too many people are being too soft on young MEN that need to grow up and Be MEN. It's funny to think about how all of thes macho men are rapping and calling themselves gangstas when in reality they are shrugging their responsibilitie to everyone and thing connected to themselves. Society allows it both Blacks and Whites. Whites allow it, because the Black populous at the end of the day is not threatening the social fabric of the nation. Black America allows it because (for many of us) we are too stupid too see that we are spoiling these bastards to the point that they see no other way but to depend on Sam when he is in their favor. Then blame him when he is not taking them seriously. If I'm wrong in my perception, please feel free to correct me, but remember you or no other has the right to refer to me as a sell out because I along with others have identified problems that effect our community and that hurt the feelings of these oversensative thug chi-chi in denial pansies! If I hurt any feelings, good! Maybe someone will take note and realise we are not playing games anymore and have no time or place for bitter feelings! Marinate on that.

Messages In This Thread

The problem with Cosby *LINK*
Re: The problem with Cosby *LINK*
What is the difference between Cosby and Yunus?
it takes a nation of millions to hold us back
Re: The problem with my figures.
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CO
in amorica we have the right to speak
Re: in amorica we have the right to speak
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com