Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: IWhat's New?
In Response To: IWhat's New? ()

We've explored the politics and social workings of modern day U.S. society and (to an extent)the roles of various ethnic groups in the U.S. Every since I've been posting messages, I have tried to explain to you on how the social mind of the powers that be operate.

You once asked why Black Americans have had such difficulty moving into the upper ranks of social acceptance as a whole in the U.S.. Maybe the recent events in Iraq will provide you with some insight as to how difficult it is to advance when even though it is not written there are rules of engagement employed torward every group of people. I have explained social distance and self-justification. I have touched on U.S. history and how the law is for all to follow, but the question of how is interpreted and enforced by few.

You (not in these words) said that Black Americans can't contribute to the global economics or don't. Well I would like to tell you. We have delt with the workings of this biased society for over four hundred years and if anyone could tell the world what and how the power base of the U.S. will interpret and bend their rules, it is the "other" Americans. We are the ones that originally brought to the attention of the globe the human injustices that were applied domestically.

It surprises no one that there have been atrocities comitted against the Iraqis by U.S. servicmen and women. They were raised in a culture that practiced those customes domestically since the existance of this nation. The people outside the U.S. and the people who subscribe to the notion that white is right and black stay back are the ones surprised. Their minds have been conditioned to believe that the U.S. is pure and that there is freedom and opportunity for all if they really want it. Part of that is true.

I still say that there is no better place in the world to earn a decent living for your family, but at the same time there is the reality that when here you have to play by the rules inorder to reap what ever reward is allowed to you. Many say you have to go out and get it instead of waiting for it to come to you. Thats just motivational rhetoric. The power base will let you go so far, but they will only let you have some of your way if you do it through their methods and not to social fabric altering success.

As we in all of the countries around the world sit back and relax, the U.S. powers that be have divided us and made some believ that this occupation was reasonable and neccesary. Some of us side with the unidentifiable group that runs U.S. global policy in the belief that what has happened in Vietnam, Cuba, Haiti, and a whole host of other countries is justified. Many of them may have once felt the same before they were on the outside looking in. I bring this point up because yes it was the Soildiers fault for the evil captured in photo's, but so is it the globes fault for allowing this to happen. Yours and mine generation after generation. If WE would start deciding how the world should be, then maybe we wouldn't have to sleep with one eye open. Maybe we wouldn't have the nightmare of the U.S. military breaking down our doors and exporting our resources back to their nation for their consumption while we are left starving without hope or even worse, at their mercy.

As human beings, we are all responsible for each other and should not relinquish that power and responsibility to one nation of people with such a tainted history for the purpose of more of their money.

I'm not trying to insight any anti- Americanism, but I'm trying to inspire you to think about your role and contribution to what is going on in the World. You may not realise, but every country is being placed into a category that defines their place on the "importance ladder" of the unidentifiable groups( they aren't just white people which makes it a little more complex than just labeling one source for this evil) power base of U.S. global policy makers construction project.

Any time we witness a nation or group of people fall to the wolf in sheeps clothing, we need to step back and ask ourselves should we allow this to go on? What are you going to do if the next time it is you? Divide and conquer on a much larger scale.

The Global unveiling of the obscenity of the U.S. was unveiled a long time ago. The problem was that people around the world didn't care and let the power base keep them seperate from the action until it becomes their time.

Individuals really run the U.S., and with the history how does any of this surprise you?

Messages In This Thread

IWhat's New?
Re: IWhat's New?
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com