Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Caricom elated over new record
In Response To: LARA MAKES HISTORIC 400 ()

THE CHAIRMAN of CARICOM's Prime Ministerial Sub-Committee on Cricket, Grenada Prime Minister Dr Keith Mitchell, has extended congratulations to West Indies cricket captain Brian Lara on his recording the highest ever score by a batsman in Test cricket. The feat was achieved on April 12 at the Antigua Recreation Ground during the Fourth Cable and Wireless Test match against England.

The text of his message to the captain is as follows: "I am elated to extend to you, in my capacity as Chairman of the Prime Ministerial Sub-Committee on Cricket, sincere congratulations on your record-setting performance at the Antigua Recreation Ground this past weekend. "On behalf of the Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community, and on my own behalf, I join cricket fans around the world in celebrating your achievement with respect to the highest individual score ever recorded in the history of Test cricket. Your remarkable accomplishment of 400 runs demonstrates what is possible when talent and determination prevail.

"It is my sincere hope that your outstanding performance will contribute to the revival of the West Indies Cricket team to higher standards. Moreover with Cricket World Cup 2007 on the horizon, your performance will certainly serve as an inspiration for everyone involved in preparing our region for hosting this international event. "Congratulations again and keep up the excellent work."

Call for Lara Cricket Academy

CONGRATULATIONS keep pouring in for Brian Lara on his monumental achievement in reclaiming test cricket’s highest individual scoring title with 400 runs not out at the Antigua Recreation Ground. Eastern Credit Union in extending tribute to the great cricketer said his extraordinary achievement should not go unnoticed by corporate Trinidad and Tobago or the co-operative movement. ECU said Lara’s feat should prompt both sectors to establish a state-of-the-art Brian Charles Lara Cricket Academy where young talented and gifted cricketers from throughout the region can be nurtured and groomed into becoming as legendary as Brian Charles Lara.

Messages In This Thread

LARA MAKES HISTORIC 400
Lara Sails Past World Record
Yesterday: Hayden backs Lara *LINK*
Brian Lara records the highest Test score 1994 *LINK*
Lara lifts himself to a higher plane
Lara climbs highest mountain
CRICKET KING OF THE WORLD
World press hails Lara's 400
Caricom elated over new record
Brilliant Lara nears Border record
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com