Govt scraps SEA preparation classes
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020
Govt scraps SEA preparation classes
Pupils preparing for the Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA) examination will do their work at home from today until the August 20 test - and bars and restaurants are now the biggest COVID-19 risk.
2 more test positive for COVID-19
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country since the start of the pandemic to 199.
Mostly young people breaking bar rules
WITH BARS identified as spaces of recent Covid-19 "superspread", owners and patrons were not taking any chances yesterday.
Rowley: Limers, bars putting us at risk
Barkeepers and Operators Association of TT interim president Teron Mohan on Wednesday denied that bars were any such threat as suggested by Rowley. He said if bars truly were such a threat, more would have been shut down. He said two or three such establishments where a covid19 patient had visited had been identified, shut, sanitised and then re-opened. He asked for proof that most of the infected people had been in bars.
Audit puts T&T’s prospective oil resources at 3.2 billion barrels
Trinidad and Tobago’s proven crude oil reserves have increased by more than 20 million barrels according to a recent audit done by Netherland, Sewell and Associates Inc, Energy Minister Franklin Khan has revealed.
Gov't sent USD$200K for stranded nationals, 100 expected home from US
Coco Reef sends home 120 without pay
Many had returned to work on Monday after being home for the past three months during the national lockdown to contain the spread of covid19.
Police urge public to use caution at ATMs
Hall of Justice closes third floor after employee exposed to COVID-19
The Judiciary has confirmed that one of its staff members, who is a secondary contact of a COVID-19 positive patient, has been exposed to other employees at the Court of Appeal.
Met Office: Tropical wave to bring heavy rains, floods on Thursday
FFOS to EMA: Release full documents on environment assessments
Nafeesa blasts PM on UNC platform
Former PNM Senator Nafeesa Mohammed has accused the party's political leader, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley of "disgraceful behaviour," and advised him to "get some help," saying he needs "serious treatment." Speaking on Tuesday evening at a meeting in El Socorro in support of the UNC Candidate for Barataria/San Juan.
PNM ad: Padarath not validly nominated
Barry Padarath tells PNM: 'I nah leaving'
PNM St Augustine candidate: The sky is the limit
She said the St Augustine constituency was not properly represented by former MP Prakash Ramadhar.
Tobago West candidate claims: Threats because of 'my personal life'
Phillips called on the public to condemn such behaviour, noting that attacks on any candidate must never be tolerated.
Griffith gave no permission for PNM manifesto photo
Griffith said he had taken note of the use of the photo but could not stop any political party from using his work in the TTPS to solicit support and garner votes.
PNM's Forde out front in Tunapuna
Incumbent Forde is leading Nakhid, a first-time contender in the political arena, by a 16 per cent margin, according to the findings of a recent poll on the constituency conducted by HHB and Associates Ltd led by pollster Louis Bertrand.
Republic Bank looking into card skimming reports
PH taxi driver charged with sexual assault against girl, 12
The victim reported to police in May 2020 that while in the backseat of a PH taxi along Gambal Street, Siparia, she was sexually assaulted by the driver...For 2020, the CPU has arrested and charged 121 persons for 328 charges involving children.
Missing Persons Alert for Cocorite teen
The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) has issued a Missing Persons Alert for a 16-year-old girl from Cocorite.
Send page by E-Mail