Events in Trinidad for June
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014
1) Rudranath Capildeo Exhibition- this runs until the 30th June 2014 at the Central Bank Auditorium- Money Museum Foyer, St Vincent Street, POS during 8:00am-5:00pm and is free to the public.
2) National Fruit Festival- Tableland Pineapple Farmer's Association presents its 3rd National Fruit Festival at Nu Image Simplex, North Rd, New Grant on June 20-22nd from 8:00am - 6:00pm. Admission is free to the event and features a chow competition! - this year's theme is- "Win with Fruits, Healthy and Nutritious, So so delicious"
3) Eric Williams Memorial Lecture at Central Bank Auditorium, St Vincent Street, POS on Saturday June 14th at 7:00pm, the feature speaker is Professor Franklin Knight. You can call 625-2601/4835 ext 2150 to book a seat
4) Kwame Ture Memorial Lecture Series presents "Endangered Black Men: Who is Puling the Trigger" on Sunday June 15th at the Central Bank Auditorium, St Vincent Street at 5pm, guest speaker Dr. Raymond Winbush. You can call 628-5008 for information
5) UWI, St Augustine has a variety of lectures and symposia: see all links
-Symposium on Mathematics and its Applications: Not sure if this is free, you can call the number listed in the link
-Distinguished Open Lecture - Free Movement of People, Shanique Myrie and Our Caribbean Civilisation http://sta.uwi.edu/news/ecalendar/event.asp?id=2175
-Esoteric Musical Arts Unit student recital http://sta.uwi.edu/news/ecalendar/event.asp?id=2192
-One Health Workshop: Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems, cost USD$100
-Caribbean Workshop on Soil Physical Management cost USD$50
6) Eric Williams Memorial Committee presents Sixth Annual Remembrance Lecture of Eric Williams on the theme "How have the races benefited from the legacy left by Eric Williams post Independence 1962" to held at NALIS, Corner Hart and Abercromby Streets, POS on Monday 16th, June at 7:30pm.
This is invitation only, so call Mr Reginald Vidale at 786-1703 to reserve a seat
7) Emancipation Support Committee presents the Yoruba Village Drum festival at Piccadilly St, opp Deliverance Temple on Saturday 14th June at 2:00pm- 8:00pm. There will be dancers (Wasa Foli, Ambatana, Freeport Sea Scouts, Frontline and others) and rapso artistes ( Oba Dread, Wolde Dawil, Prince Cardinal, Brother Book and others). You can call 628-5008 or see the committee's page on Facebook
8) Port of Spain Corporation presents Steelband Parade and Jamboree on Sunday 15th June. Parade begins from two location at St James Amphitheatre and Piccadilly Greens at 3:00pm, both parades will culminate at Hart Street. The Jamboree starts at &:00pm on Woodford Square. There will be 26 steel orchestras including Witco, Trinidad All Stars, Phase 2 Pan Groove, BP Renegades and calypso artistes like Black Stalin, Superblue and Denyse Plammer
Send page by E-Mail