Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Ajodha wants audit of hcu

Express TT

Hansley Ajodha, former Managing Director of HCU Communications who resigned the post abruptly on Monday, has raised concerns about the company’s accounting practices and called for forensic audit of the company.

In a strongly worded resignation letter to HCU Financial President, Harry Harnarine, Adjodha said, "there are a number of very serious concerns which I have been raising for sometime now, but which have been neglected or refused to be dealt with. By far and way the most pressing and urgent problem deals with the accounts of HCU Communications Limited and by extension the accounts of the Hindu Credit Union itself... what little I have seen and heard leaves me with a most uneasy feeling. I am a director and therefore have a legal liability".

Harnarine however dismissed the letter as "mischievous". Harnarine added: "What Hansley wanted is that (Radio) Shakti should have their own accounts and we said no. He wanted to be able to sign cheques and handle the money. He should point out specifics (allegations of impropriety) and I challenge him to do so."

Ajodha also claimed that when he attempted to raise his concerns with the chief accountant and now CEO Goutam Ramnanan, he was subjected to "personal attacks and accusations on (Ajodha’s) journalistic integrity".

Harnarine countered by accusing Ajodha of "unauthorised spending and two unauthorised appointments".

Harnarine believes the reason for Ajodha’s resignation is the appointment of Hans Hanoomansingh as Corporate Manager of HCU Communications, a job Harnarine said Adjodha wanted.

Harnarine was unconcerned saying "nobody could ever accuse me of being political. I know Dr Baboolal as anybody. I just know her as a public figure".

Messages In This Thread

Ajodha wants audit of hcu
Re: Ajodha wants audit of hcu
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com