Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

I fear no one, says Abdullah
In Response To: FBI men in town ()

By Darryl Heeralal, Express TT

UMAR ABDULLAH, the man being sought by US intelligence in connection with plans to attack American and British interests here, says he has nothing to fear.

In a brief interview with the Express yesterday, Abdullah said: "I am not afraid of anyone. I have nothing to fear."

Abdullah made it clear that he was fighting a "Jihad (Holy War) against oppression".

Pressed further for comment on whether his group plans to attack foreign interests here, Abdullah said he had none to make.

The Express understands that Abdullah met other high-ranking members of his group, the Waajihatul Islaamiyyah (The Islamic Front), last night to discuss the FBI’s dossier and information related to attacks on US and British interests locally.

The meeting was scheduled to take place at a Marabella location but was shifted elsewhere.

The Express was informed that the meeting was held to come with "strategies on how to continue with the work and initiatives" of Waajihatul Islaamiyyah.

FBI, CIA and British SAS agents are in Trinidad investigating the separate reports about plans to attack US and British interests.

The Express understands that Abdullah makes periodic trips to the Middle East and he was there in the middle of last year, and his organisation receives foreign donations.

Messages In This Thread

FBI men in town
Abdullah Unmasked
Laptop Link To Terror
No foreign spies probing 'attack plans' - Chin Lee
I fear no one, says Abdullah
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com