Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Election bitterness still lingering

THE EDITOR: This is in reply to Kurt Garcia’s letter to the editor of October 25, 2002.

Mr Garcia, why must you bury your head in the sand like an ostrich? Why can’t you face up to reality?

Yes, we all have to live here after the elections and politicians should always remember this when they utter words of hate on the political platform. After all the acrimony of the elections, do you expect love and kisses, “now that the event has come and gone?” I think the population now is more divided than ever.

Robberies, kidnappings, violence, fires, demonstrations and unholy alliances with criminals are taking place now at this very moment.

The leader of the UNC is not wishing that these things happened! They are happening in front of your eyes and my eyes. Do you live in Trinidad?

The most frightening is the kidnapping of defenceless people by men who seem to be well organised and they are targeting the business community, especially the Indian population. It seems as though there is a plot by some to raise millions of dollars by means of kidnapping.

Are you blind, Mr Garcia? Do you have blinkers over your eyes? I am sure you are not a supporter of the UNC and because of this you bury your head in the sand purposely not to see what is taking place around you, especially as it is not happening to you or your family.

NORMA DARDAINE

Belmont

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com