Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Salve, President Carmona!

Dear Fellow Bulletin Board Readers,

I have followed with great interest the nomination and election of the 5th President of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago.

As you surely know, President Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona is a devout Roman Catholic. I would like to share with you what I find intriguing about his nomination and subsequent election.

The Honourable Prime Minister named him as the Nominee on February 2nd, 2013. On the Roman Catholic calendar, February 2nd is the Feast of the Presentation of our Saviour in the Temple. Presentation College, a Roman Catholic Institution was young Anthony Carmona's Alma Mater.

Furthermore, the Scripture Reading for that day is from St.Luke 2, 22-23 : "When the day came to purify them according to the Law of Moses, the couple brought him up to Jerusalem so that He could be presented to the Lord; for it is written in the Law of the Lord : every first-born male shall be consecrated to the Lord."

Anthony Thomas Aquinas is the scion of hale and happy Mr. & Mrs. Carmona who will, sans doute, be very proud as their first-born male is presented as Head of State to Trinidad & Tobago, the land of his birth!

As a fellow Roman Catholic, I am as pleased by this fortuitous confluence of circumstances as the New Pope Francis and the New President Carmona might well be. Vivat Jesu!!!

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com