Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

UNC: ‘PNM’ informer revealed plot against Baksh

By Clint Chan Tack, Newsday TT

UNITED NATIONAL CONGRESS (UNC) Caroni East MP Ganga Singh claimed that a "very credible source" informed him that five kilogrammes of cocaine and two anti-aircraft missiles were planted at San Fernando West MP Sadiq Baksh's Palmiste home on Sunday night.

Meanwhile, UNC Political Leader Basdeo Panday claimed that MPs Dr Hamza Rafeeq and Kamla Persad-Bissessar had received information of warrants being issued to search the premises of six UNC MPs - Gerald Yetming, Carlos John, Baksh, Singh, Persad-Bissessar and himself — and plans to plant "illegal substances" on those MPs' premises.

Singh told a news conference at Rienzi Complex, Couva yesterday: "Yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon I received an urgent phone call at my constituency office. Someone was making a very urgent effort to meet with me to provide me with certain information. The person is a very credible source. I then proceeded to call the political leader that I wanted to see him on a matter of urgent importance. I shared information with Mr Panday. The person had said that five kilos of cocaine was planted on Sunday night in the water tank of Mr Sadiq Baksh's home, and that there were also two anti-aircraft missiles planted.”

Messages In This Thread

Cocaine found at Sadiq Baskh residence
UNC: ‘PNM’ informer revealed plot against Baksh
PNM informer told me of set-up says Singh
Re: PNM informer told me of set-up says Singh
UNC calls for FBI and Scotland Yard
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com