Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Re: The Privileged Class.
In Response To: The Privileged Class. ()

I believe that we have shared the same mind on many subjects but have expressed our points of veiw from opposite sources. I agree with everything that you have posted on the privileged class (not that you need my approval), but would like to add a twist in order to answer some questions that had to do with post from the past.

The Two of us (if not more) believe as you posted, "Our leaders continue to experience some difficulty in being able to chew gum and walk at the same time and worse, is the fact, that the voices of protest are muted by a populace that is indifferent because we have permitted the ruling political class to set our agenda."

Here comes the twist. Think of that system from the point of veiw of a person of African decent in a system that has seperated itself from you on the basis of race alone on every agenda that would be constructive to the development, stabilization, and global independence for the sole pupose of "capitalism".The same direction that capitalism has taken in which you noted has broadend to effect class. Where as People of European decent were at the top of the captalistic pyramid in times past, we are and have experienced a modification by way of the breakdown in racial based slavery, indentured servitism, and segregation to include various peoples of various classes with a strong presence of racial undertones that have formed some sort of communal rationing system that guides each and everyone of us trough our daily lives pited against one another in race based distraction while the powers of the "elite" with no real life altering worries (such as paying bills and providing meals) dictate who will thrive next and for how long domestically and internationally. Why else would millionaires from various corners of the globe have more in common with one another than the middle class in this global econnomy? Keep in mind that race was the base and the seperating factor for what is happenning now. Apparently they do know what's best for us as we have not challenged the rulers of capitalism sine the fall of the Soviet Union.

Not only is it bad for Trinidad and Tobago, but would further place the nation into social, economic, and olitical ruin. Your carnival would become some corporate freak show white washed and exploited for some "yankee" among others who don't know or care about tradition. Carnival if not already would become just another excuse to drink and exploit an already struggling society. The leaders could be worse. They (and I know this s a stretch) could be less intellgent than Bush.

You said,"The evil perpetuated upon the Iraqi people as a result of Bush's adventurism is appalling and we have found it to be palatable because we believe that we are in the good graces of Massa. I ask you to imagine a world where we don't have mass communication and people are isolated in their regions of the globe and a Bush type shows up with weapons and a militay capable of destroying the nation/ community. Thats what happend when Europeans came to Africa, the Carribean, and the Americas North, Central, and South. You asked, "for how long?" My answer is hopefully less then four hundred years. The privileged will determine that for us.

It was once said that slaves in the Confederate South enjoyed their situation and would be miserable without it. I believe that we may not want to be slaves, there is no getting past that time of life that we were free of responsibility. As children we wanted to be free of all accountability. If anything, we want to recapture those feelings of irresponsibility if it means that the government will endorse this behavior or even endorse it which is true for many of the world most "sophisticated governments. We as the aerage person do not enjoy being captives, but would rather be capties with the chane to control our destinies rather than be the hand of revolution without resources to force change. Human beings survive in what way is easiest. We will accept captivity over a lost fight. The challenge is uniting the masses and believing in the goal. Too many people worried about survival will sell out the cause no matter how noble and everything stays the same. Humans don't enjoy captivity, but it in many minds is better than death.

We must realize that the privileged class with their resources and influence that live well nearly anywhere as long as the underclass continues to exist. Our priviledged class continues to grow and eventually the mundane matters that mean so much to the underclass will become a luxury that they " the underclass" will no longer be able to afford. I would like to add to this statement that you posted. Freedom was once some slaves perhaps took for granted. Their children and Grandchildren could'nt even conceive of the idea of just taking a walk. How long will we allow the Wealthy ten control we the masses? I'll tell you this, If Trinibagonans don't start thinking in terms of the global market economy for the preservation of their nation, ideas, and social fabric, they too will be the victims of capitalism and and it's rotting affects for the benifits of the wealthy. Trinidad and Tobago will become nothing more than Jamaica with oil No disrespect to Jamaica or Jamaicans, but T-N-T could learn from their mistakes and become more like Japan without polluting themselves into an country of waste.

Messages In This Thread

The Privileged Class.
Re: The Privileged Class.
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com