Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Becks looking forward to Yorke reunion

England captain David Beckham admitted he is relishing the chance to face his former Manchester United colleague Dwight Yorke after being drawn with Trinidad and Tobago at next summer's World Cup.

At the draw in Leipzig, England were drawn with the Caribbean side, Eriksson's native Sweden and South American qualifiers Paraguay. And Real Madrid midfielder Beckham revealed it will be a nostalgic affair to face Yorke, who will be in Germany after the Caribbean nation qualified for their first World Cup.

He told www.thefa.com: "Watching the World Cup draw has already excited me as I think about the tournament ahead. We meet a familiar opponent in Sweden - one both the players and manager know well. I am looking forward to playing my old team-mate Dwight Yorke with Trinidad and Tobago. He is someone who I share many great memories with."
Full Article : thisislondon.co.uk

Eriksson's Englishmen draw Sweden again
Sven-Goran Eriksson blamed fate for pitting his England team once more against his homeland Sweden in Friday's draw for next year's World Cup finals.

England avoided the heavyweights and was also drawn against Paraguay, which it beat at the 1986 World Cup, and debutante Trinidad and Tobago.

"They are difficult games, but I am happy with the group," Eriksson told BBC television from the draw in Leipzig, Germany. "It could have been worse, much worse."
Full Article : tsn.ca

GROUPS

Group A
1 Germany
2 Costa Rica
3 Poland
4 Ecuador

Group B
1 England
2 Paraguay
3 Trinidad &Tobago.
4 Sweden

Group C
1 Argentina
2 Ivory Coast
3 Serbia-Mont.
4 Netherlands

Group D
1 Mexico
2 Iran
3 Angola
4 Portugal

Group E
1 Italy
2 Ghana
3 United States
4 Czech Rep.

Group F
1 Brazi
2 Croatia
3 Australia
4 Japan

Group G
1 France
2 Switzerland
3 South Korea
4 Togo

Group H
1 Spain
2 Ukraine
3 Tunisia
4 Saudi Arabia

Messages In This Thread

DWIGHT vs BECKS: The final showdown
Warriors in tough group
Swedes focus on Warriors
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com