Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Two Arrests Over Racism Claim
In Response To: BRITAIN losing the RACE *LINK* ()

Two men have been arrested over the alleged racist abuse aimed at Dwight Yorke during Sunday's Barclays Premiership match at Blackburn, Lancashire Police said on Tuesday.

Both suspects, in their early 20s, went to Blackburn police station voluntarily today at 4pm.

It followed a nationwide appeal to find the culprits, who taunted Yorke with offensive gestures and other racist abuse.

Full Article : sportinglife.com

'Racist' Football Fan Says Sorry to Dwight Yorke

By Louise Barnett and Pat Hurst, PA
news.scotsman.com

A disgraced football fan who racially abused Dwight Yorke has penned a personal apology to the black soccer star.

Jason Perryman was caught on TV cameras hurling monkey chants and gesturing towards Yorke during a live match on Sunday.

Appearing at Blackburn Magistrates Court today, the 22-year-old fan admitted an offence of racially aggravated disorderly behaviour.

He was fined £1,000 with £75 costs and given a maximum five-year football banning order.

After the case Perryman, of Chorley, Lancashire, wrote an open letter to Yorke apologising for his behaviour during the Blackburn Rovers vs. Birmingham City match.

Published in The Sun, it says: "Racism has no place in football or anywhere else and this has turned my life upside down.

"I am deeply sorry for the hurt and pain I have caused you. I just want to tell you and The Sun’s readers I am not a racist person. I am a quiet, decent lad."

Perryman was ejected from the football ground by stewards after an upset Yorke confronted him over the "out of order" monkey chants and gestures, the court heard.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3801584

Messages In This Thread

BRITAIN losing the RACE *LINK*
Two Arrests Over Racism Claim
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com