Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Harold Henderson

A minute is a long time and life is not measured in time but legacy.

This event is becoming a far too familiar family occurrence and sight in this country for anyone, regardless of race, color, or creed.

Trinidad it seems has lost itsÕ soul and the harvest of that inhumanity lies before us today.

The nation of grand charge is no more. The gun has become judge and jury and if we allow this madness to continue many of our sons and daughters will always be in harms way.

This new installation to TrinidadÕs growing reputation as a lawless land, rife with unrest and a country without a soul has now reached epidemic proportions and by all reports the current record will be broken.

When my wife and I first heard the news we were in Toronto on our way home and believed the message was lost in translation.

We didnÕt want to acknowledge the story until we checked for ourselves and our worst fears were confirmed my brother Harold was gone.

Since that tragic event sensationalism has been stealing headlines, besides losing our soul have we lost respect, and that basket donÕt hold water. The real truth will be revealed and we have the proper authorities attending to those matters, that will bring closure and justice, not people liming on the block.

Today my brothers, sisters, friends and family weÕre gathered here today in this house of worship. The house of god. Anger and hate does not reside here, only love and compassion.

The love for a son.

The love for a brother.

The love for a nephew.

The love for an uncle.

The love for a great friend.

And above all the love for a husband, father, and provider.

We lay to eternal rest a soldier who has never experienced war, but became a victim to the brutality of man in itsÕ ugliest form.

Today let us cast away the demons that came in the night and took away our brother. For today the love that Harold has given throughout his life will live forever in ours.

WeÕre the fortunate ones to have been part of his life as he was with ours. Together we celebrate his life and accomplishments. We can all leave replenished, rejuvenated, from the sanctity of this house today with a strong resolve to keep his spirit alive in all of us.

Only a couple of days ago on Christmas morning Harold and I spoke as we have regularly done not only at that special time of year but ever since we knew how to pelt pan.

We spoke about; family, sports, clothes, and his other favorite pastime liming. We had to cut the conversation short half an hour just as the rapping was getting sweet.

But before we said our good-byes and his dashing out to visit family and friends all over this great country of ours, Harold laid some philosophy on me as I am sure many of us have experienced one time or another and it went like this;

Ō Live life to the fullest and enjoy all that this life has to offer and cherish everyone and moment as a blessingĶ.

And as I stand before you today thatÕs exactly the way Harold would wish for each and every one of us.

God bless Harold, everyone today, and most of all, our nation.

The above has been sent around the internet and this is what you people should be doing. Finding the truth.
A Eulogy that was said by a friend of Harold Henderson who flew in to pay his respects, and I guess he was correct in saying that the mayhem will get worse.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com