Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

Lara fastest to 9,000 Test runs *LINK*

CAPE TOWN, South Africa: Brain Lara became the fastest player to reach 9,000 test runs yesterday when he scored 115 of his team's 427 all out at the Newlands Stadium, here, in the third of four Tests between South Africa and the West Indies. Lara moved past the 9,000-run mark when he reached 85, becoming the fifth batsman to do so. This is his 101st Test match and he reached the mark in his 177th innings, two fewer than it took Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar to reach the milestone in a test against Australia. "To get there fastest is an achievement in itself, but in the context of the game, it ultimately will mean nothing if we don't concentrate. I want to stretch it way past 9,000," Lara said after the close yesterday.

"This game is not over yet, and I am absolutely not considering going home without a win here. We can still square the series," Lara said. "We've got an opportunity but we've got to play cricket the way we know how to play it. "It's important that we claw ourselves back into this game. Any result is possible at this moment and we have to go out there with a very positive mind tomorrow. "Their (South Africa's) plan is to bat us out of the game. They have a slight advantage, but I think a total of 350 to chase is realistic for us."

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com