Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

PNM informer told me of set-up says Singh

By Stephen Boodram, Guardian TT

Caroni East MP Ganga Singh said yesterday a PNM informant told him on Sunday night of the illegal items planted in a water tank at MP Sadiq Baksh’s home.

He made the disclosure at a press briefing after a UNC strategy meeting at Rienzi Complex, Couva.

Singh, who linked the police and the PNM in a plot to arrest Baksh, called for an investigation into the planting of the missiles and cocaine.

But a PNM spokesman said yesterday: “The PNM is not in the business of planting anything but good plans and policies to facilitate smooth, efficient running of the country - nothing more.”

Singh said: “The person told me five kilos of cocaine and two anti-aircraft missiles were planted in Baksh’s water tank.”

He declined to reveal the name of the informant.

Singh said after he spoke to the informant, he went to UNC leader Basdeo Panday’s home in Gulf View and told him what the caller had said.

He said the informant told him he had voted for the PNM all his life, but was unhappy over the PNM’s handling of the political situation.

Singh said he informed Dexter Baksh, son of the San Fernando West MP on Tuesday night.

Dexter checked yesterday morning and found the illegal items, Singh said.

Asked if he had reported the matter to the police, Singh said: “It was not prudent for me to report it to the police because the informant told me the police was ‘involved’ in this.”

Pressed to explain, Singh said: “The police was part of the political plot to plant cocaine and anti-aircraft missiles at Baksh’s premises.

“That was what the informant told me.”

At a UNC meeting at Felicity last night, Panday said the PNM was using rogue elements in the police service to do itds dirty work.

He said the party wanted baksh arrested so they could convene Parliament and have a majority.

Messages In This Thread

Cocaine found at Sadiq Baskh residence
UNC: ‘PNM’ informer revealed plot against Baksh
PNM informer told me of set-up says Singh
Re: PNM informer told me of set-up says Singh
UNC calls for FBI and Scotland Yard
Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com