Trinidad and Tobago Bulletin Board
Homepage | Weblog | Trinbago Pan | Trinicenter | TriniView | Photo Gallery | Forums

View Trinidad and TobagoTriniSoca.comTriniView.comTrinbagoPan.com

Trinidad and Tobago News Forum

What Can the Family Court Do About This?

My ex-husband has filed a Petition with the Family Court. Petitiion No. FH 00660/2007 and that it was heard and determined on 8th June, 2007 wherefore a decree Nisi was pronounced in his favour.

I was totally unaware of this action and further more, I applied for and obtained a judgment of Divorce under Index No. 301829-98, in the Supreme Court, County of New York, in the State of New York on the 15th day of January, 1999. This judgment of Divorce was entered by the New York County's clerk on February 22, 1999.

My husband was notified at all stages of these proceedings and was given a copy of the final Divorce. It is therefore now, surprising that he would commit purgery and lied to petitioned the Family Court of Trinidad and Tobago for a Divorce.

He is now asking that the Family Court turn over the lease to my property at #646 Edinburgh 500, Chaguanas to him. My adult children are presently residing at the said property and have been living there for the past 18 years. I have in my possession every bill, every receipt, every document of the up keep of that house. I am now asking for any legal guidance/direction/ solution to this matter as I am presently living in the United States and my children are dwelling at the house in Chaguanas, Trinidad.

Trinidad and Tobago News

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 this material is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Copyright © TrinidadandTobagoNews.com