8 new COVID cases in 24-hour span
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020
T&T records 8 new COVID cases in 24-hour span
As the fear of the recent uptick in localised COVID-19 cases continued to fuel debate on whether the Government should again lock down the country, the Ministry of Health yesterday reported eight new cases, the highest daily count since the virus hit Trinidad and Tobago's shores.
Petrotrin owes PPGPL monies from before shut down
Asked about the outstanding monies PPGPL president Dominic Rampersad explained that prior to the shut down of Petrotrin PPGPL had been supplying isobutane to the refinery which was being used to ensure its gasoline and diesel met market specifications. "With the subsequent shut down, six months' receivables remained outstanding."
Sir Everton's bat was also part of the social revolution that was taking place against colonial rulers in the Caribbean in the 1940s and early 1950s
Region says goodbye to Sir Everton Weekes
A man of "grace, gentility and greatness" that ushered in the era of the unshackling of the colonial stranglehold on the consciousness of the Caribbean region. That was the way Professor Sir Hilary Beckles described Sir Everton Weekes as the UWI Vice Chancellor delivered the eulogy...
ESCTT head on Kamla's 'slavery' remarks: Absurd comparison
"They need to be careful about what they say. The dehumanisation and severe oppression of enslavement are in no way comparable to what they (stranded Trinis) are experiencing."
NGO: COVID causing xenophobia against migrants
With the growing perception that Venezuelans are responsible for T&T's second wave of COVID-19 spread, human rights activists say landlords are now evicting migrants over the fear of prosecution by the State.
As a result, TTV Solidarity Network director Heidi Diquez is calling on Government to end the persecution of Venezuelan migrants, whom she said are now fearing their lives.
Griffith blasts Deyalsingh as football event shelved
Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith has postponed the Commissioner's Cup due to the refusal by the Ministry of Health to allow medics, coaches, security or substitutes to participate in the event due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Zoo closed to public amid covid19 resurgence
Schools told: Remove hand sanitiser, wipes from booklists
While flash drives and calculators can be included on booklists, Principals are being reminded that cleaning supplies, and items like hand sanitisers should not be listed for parents to purchase.
PCA still investigating Morvant shooting
ONE MONTH AFTER the shooting death of Joel Jacob, Israel Clinton and Noel Diamond at the hands of police investigations into the matter continue.
Customs loses sex toy case
IN what has been the third judgment of its kind, a High Court judge has struck down a policy by the Customs and Excise Division on the importation of adult toys into the country.
AG responds to Nafeesa Mohammed: No free pass to ISIS supporters
ATTORNEY General Faris Al-Rawi has denied former senator Nafeesa Mohammed's claim of Government being uncaring towards nationals in refugee camps in Syria adding that Mohammed herself admitted those individuals had gone there to participate in terrorist activities under the group, ISIS.
Kamla: Nafeesa has seen the light
UNC concerned over voting guidelines
UNC LEADER KAMLA PERSAD-BISSESSAR expressed concern over the August 10 election, saying new public health guidelines suggested the government may use claims of symptoms of covid19 to deny UNC supporters the chance to vote. "There are several things that we are concerned over with the new guidelines, but they are saying, 'People who are exhibiting symptoms of covid19 should not be allowed entry.' How are they going to decide that?
Moruga/Tableland voters not concerned with illegal Venezuelans
As attention is focused on monitoring the country's borders following reports that some illegal immigrants have been responsible for spreading the COVID-19 disease, the result of a recent poll has shown that voters in the rural constituency of Moruga/Tableland are not concerned about illegal Venezuelan immigrants entering our shores through the back door. These electors are also not worried about "letting foreign nationals come home."
Newcomers in 5-way fight for La Brea
All five are confident of securing the majority of the over 25,000 eligible votes to secure one of the 41 seats up for grabs in the Parliament.
Padarath: 'Nothing PNM can say will stop me winning'
PEP again asks President to postpone election
After President Paula-Mae Weekes rejected the Progressive Empowerment Party's request for postponement of the August 10 General Election, the party has again asked the President to reconsider after yesterday's news of eight more COVID-19 cases.
Trinidad Killa tells PNM candidate: Stop using my song
POINT FORTIN mayor and People's National Movement (PNM) candidate for Point Fortin Kennedy Richards Jr is being asked to stop using Trinidad Killa's Power in Soca (Dyy Zess) in his election campaign.
PNM claims activist's house shot at
The People's National Movement's St Joseph campaign team is seeking police intervention for the safety of St Joseph candidate Terrence Deyalsingh and activists after alleging that criminal activity and corrupt practices played out a recent incident in Bangladesh, St Joseph.
Why Ram was fired
Cloud over UNC Caroni Central candidate...
SRP kills woman during argument
A Matura mother of three was killed during an argument with a close relative, said to be a Special Reserve Policeman, yesterday. Vera Gurabie, 29, died minutes after her throat was slit and she was stabbed several times in her home during a fight with the man, who is attached to a station in the Eastern Division.
False testimony exposed in court, man acquitted of 2006 murder
AFTER spending more than a decade on remand, a Beetham Gardens man was on Thursday acquitted of the charge of murdering a neighbor in 2006.
Suspect held for NY murder of Sugar Aloes' son
Daily News said Rink confessed to killing Blackman, who was a rival in his romantic pursuit, while the other murder was a hired hit which earned him US$2,000.
TTPS: Princes Town woman missing for two weeks
Send page by E-Mail